+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is the way to pr?

gurminnder

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
hello guys i have a friend he offer letter from company in canada in toronto i think.
it says he can work 2 years then he have to return....
but he wants settle in canada i want to know how can he get pr on the basis of LMO he got life if works in canada as a welder then what he have to do?

astasi

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2010
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2014
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2014
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-07-2015
Hi,

He/ does not have to return after the expiry of his work permit as he can always renew the contract with the same employer or else find a new job with another employer and apply for the new work permit.

I presume his occupation comes under skilled category and he is eligible to apply for permanent residence under Canadian Experience Class after one year of full time job experience or equivalent in part time.

The applicant would need to clear the IELTS or CELPIP test before he can apply for PR under CEC.

Hope this helps.

gurminnder

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
thanks bro but he is a welder....
but cic is not taking welders in federal skilled program there are only computer enggs geologists etc......
then how can he apply for pr?
and one more thing lets say he goes from here as a welder work over there but then get another job like a truck driver can he do that and that are his chances of doing it and leading to pr?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

gurminnder said:
thanks bro but he is a welder....
but cic is not taking welders in federal skilled program there are only computer enggs geologists etc......
then how can he apply for pr?
and one more thing lets say he goes from here as a welder work over there but then get another job like a truck driver can he do that and that are his chances of doing it and leading to pr?
Yes they are, under the Federal Skilled Trade Program http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/trades/apply-who.asp

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

gurminnder said:
oh thanks bro :)
and can you pls answer my second question?
1. Needs a new work permit, new LMO for Long Distance Truck Driver, requires 2 years experience and a Canadian class 1 license. Semi-Skilled occupation, so would have to apply for Provincial Nomination, not all provinces have a program for LD drivers.