+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is the NOC for Fund accountant?

Aug 17, 2018
Hi,

I have worked as a Fund Accountant in India and I am interested in applying for PR in Canada. I am facing hard time figuring the NOC code for my designation - Fund Accountant. I have referred to some conversations in the forum but still not able to decide based on their conversation. The NOC codes are 1111 and 1311.
The roles as per my Job descriptions are:
  • Calculate and report weekly and monthly Net Asset Value of assigned funds
  • Assist with financial reporting in validation of semi-annual and annual reports
  • Review and check fund packages
  • Perform analytical review of account balances i.e. income, expenses, realized/unrealized gains and losses
  • Develop and implement standard procedures to ensure accuracy and consistency in valuation and accounting reconciliation
  • Reconcile bank, broker and custody positions
  • Price and reconcile market values using independent sources
  • Review and approve accounting reconciliation packages to ensure reasonability of all matters affecting NAV
  • Participate in fiscal year end audit process and provide information to auditors as requested
  • Review corporate actions and verify fund pricing at the end of each day
  • Maintain accurate and detailed accounting records for all assigned funds
  • Perform and support the NAV calculations in accordance with established policies and procedures
  • Prepare and analyze necessary schedules (expense analysis, portfolio cost, gain and loss)
Can anyone please help me on this issue? Also, has anyone got PR as a Fund Accountant using any of the above codes?

Thanks!

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Compare your job description with both NOC 1111 and 1113 lead statements and whichever one of them got the highest match rate select that for your nominated NOC

Aug 17, 2018
Thank you for your reply. My Job description mostly matches with NOC 1111 but I don't have the professional qualifications as listed in NOC 1111. Will it be a problem for approval?

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Thank you for your reply. My Job description mostly matches with NOC 1111 but I don't have the professional qualifications as listed in NOC 1111. Will it be a problem for approval?
I don't think so. These are only examples and the minimum requirement is a college degree

Sep 17, 2018
Hi All,
I am very confused between choosing NOC 1111 or 1311. My Job role matches 1111 but as I don't have qualifications like CA, CPA, I am not sure if my application will be rejected due to that.

I am a Business administration graduate with MBA and work with Ernst & Young (Big four)

Roles and Responsibilities were:

· Supported the team in tagging of financial statements while ensuring compliance with financial reporting regulations, procedures and internal controls.

· Supported the team in reconciling the financial accounts provided by the entity to the signed financials available on the Companies House to ensure accuracy.

· Supported team in examining accounts to prepare detailed observations and discrepancies noted in work procedures and highlighting them timely to the concerned party.

· Supported the team in conversion of financial statements to create digitally tagged reports by tagging (mapping) the financial items to the elements within a taxonomy with the use of tagging software used for electronically filing of company tax returns and accounts to filing authorities.

· Assisted and supported in completion and submission of work in line with designated methodology adhering to tight reporting deadline.

· Assisted new staffs by means of coaching, guiding and performing first level quality check to verify the procedures used in tagging of financials.

· Supported team in preparing engagement trackers to track timely delivery of work to concerned party.

Can someone please suggest if it is acceptable to select noc 1111 without qualification like ca cpa or my job description will be better with 1311

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
I put 1311 at the end for fund accountant (advised by agency and HR)

1111 is more like you have CPA or senior accountant but fund accountant is more entry/junior level

Swathi gutha

Feb 11, 2020
Hi all,

Need your help.Requesting you to please check my job description below and advise which NOC suits and matches the most.
As I am currently working under derivatives team for fund accounting and it is back operations.
I am not finding any suitable NOC code.
please kindly assist on the same, it would be of great help so I can go forward with my application process.

Designation is Senior Portfolio Associate under fund accounting.

Duties and responsibilities:

• Carrying out complex and sensitive Derivatives trade processing, accounting and analysis in accordance with established procedures and client expectations.
• Account Buy, sell and other transactions for Exchange Traded Derivatives securities (Futures and Options), on behalf of the clients and maintain accounting records on the basis of the instructions received from Brokers, Investment Managers etc.Reconcile positions and cash of clients portfolios as recorded in accounting, against the broker statement or the instructions provided on daily or monthly basis based on the client requirement and ensure data accuracy.
Calculating mark to market for the clients portfolio on daily, weekly and monthly basis and posting it into accounting ledgers. Also reporting these to valuation team to further calculate the NAV for the fund.
Verifying the prices on the securities in the clients portfolio with the feeds recived from Reuters, Bloomberg etc based on the clients specification.
•Quality control – carry out audit tasks on a consistent basis and proactively implement and follow control measures to ensure top class client deliverables
• Collaborate across various stakeholders such as Investment Managers, Brokers, Clients and relationship managers to manage and answer complex client queries
• As a subject matter expert coach and assist lesser experienced team members and assist with troubleshooting issues encountered as part of the daily business deliverables
• Partner with IT teams and management to assist in transforming workflows and improving efficiency.

Thanks,
Regards,
Swathi

As0809

Dec 22, 2021
Hi all,

Need your help.Requesting you to please check my job description below and advise which NOC suits and matches the most.
As I am currently working under derivatives team for fund accounting and it is back operations.
I am not finding any suitable NOC code.
please kindly assist on the same, it would be of great help so I can go forward with my application process.

Designation is Senior Portfolio Associate under fund accounting.

Duties and responsibilities:

• Carrying out complex and sensitive Derivatives trade processing, accounting and analysis in accordance with established procedures and client expectations.
• Account Buy, sell and other transactions for Exchange Traded Derivatives securities (Futures and Options), on behalf of the clients and maintain accounting records on the basis of the instructions received from Brokers, Investment Managers etc.Reconcile positions and cash of clients portfolios as recorded in accounting, against the broker statement or the instructions provided on daily or monthly basis based on the client requirement and ensure data accuracy.
Calculating mark to market for the clients portfolio on daily, weekly and monthly basis and posting it into accounting ledgers. Also reporting these to valuation team to further calculate the NAV for the fund.
Verifying the prices on the securities in the clients portfolio with the feeds recived from Reuters, Bloomberg etc based on the clients specification.
•Quality control – carry out audit tasks on a consistent basis and proactively implement and follow control measures to ensure top class client deliverables
• Collaborate across various stakeholders such as Investment Managers, Brokers, Clients and relationship managers to manage and answer complex client queries
• As a subject matter expert coach and assist lesser experienced team members and assist with troubleshooting issues encountered as part of the daily business deliverables
• Partner with IT teams and management to assist in transforming workflows and improving efficiency.

Thanks,
Regards,
Swathi
Hi Swathi,
Did you manage to get a NOC code? I also have a very similar profile (Derivative back end operations) and work in SS&C GlobeOp, a fund administrator. I am also unable to find an NOC. Hoping of a help if you found it earlier.