+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is the mystery of Second Draw?

atmtaatmta

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
fl_pie said:
According to the spreadsheet, only half the candidates apply with a spouse.
There can also be children. Unfortunately there is no column for dependants in spreadsheet, only for spouse score.

mbakhan

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
atmtaatmta said:
There can also be children. Unfortunately there is no column for dependants in spreadsheet, only for spouse score.
I can't see the spreadsheet, can you tell me how many applicants are there?

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
mbakhan said:
I can't see the spreadsheet, can you tell me how many applicants are there?
695 applicants, but I wonder why can't you see it (link in my signature)?

mod2014

Star Member
Jun 16, 2014
Hi & Good morning to all respected,

Please let me know that under Express Entry system point scoring is dependent on type of occupation. If yes then

will it be better for me to go for Express Entry for both mine & my spouse separately for different occupations.

Also let me know that which occupations have most chances to be picked / invited in Express Entry System.

thank you.

mbakhan

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fl_pie said:
695 applicants, but I wonder why can't you see it (link in my signature)?
695 Applicants means it is just 1%-2% candidiates, what do you think?
I am starting to doubt the transparency of CIC, we are so unaware of the thing that how many applicants are there in the pool, what are the average scores, and so on !!

By the way, link is blocked in my part of the world, don't know how to use proxies !

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
mbakhan said:
695 Applicants means it is just 1%-2% candidiates, what do you think?
I am starting to doubt the transparency of CIC, we are so unaware of the thing that how many applicants are there in the pool, what are the average scores, and so on !!

By the way, link is blocked in my part of the world, don't know how to use proxies !
I personally think there are around 50k applicants by now. Really hope that CIC would release at least some statistics.
Maybe try the proxy server which was posted around here: http://free-proxyserver.com/ ?

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
dan_and said:
It's not in CIC's interest to make public how many people are in the pool, or what their average score is.

They want to funnel as many people as they possibly can into the pool so that they can just skim off the top few percent, thus they will avoid making any statements that could discourage people from entering the pool.
Unfortunately, they indeed may view it like that. However, they also talked about releasing some statistics, so I'm just hopeful they will do so some day. After all, Australia releases quite a bit of statistical information.

mbakhan

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fl_pie said:
Unfortunately, they indeed may view it like that. However, they also talked about releasing some statistics, so I'm just hopeful they will do so some day. After all, Australia releases quite a bit of statistical information.
I doubt it, what are the statistics that you can find in Australia's skill select thing?

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
dan_and said:
That's very interesting. Do we know how many applicants are in their pool in relationship to their immigration target? That may give us a very rough idea how big the pool in Canada could become...

I can spend some time searching for it later, but maybe anyone already has the information at hand?
mbakhan said:
I doubt it, what are the statistics that you can find in Australia's skill select thing?
See here: http://www.immi.gov.au/media/statistics/statistical-info/visa-grants/index.htm , there are some pdfs ("Report on Migration Programme <period>"). They're pretty long, but they do contain some interesting information, like, for example, this quote on Skilled Independent program:
"approximately 19,706 clients remain in the pipeline at 30 June 2014, a decrease of 46.5 per cent over the 2013–14 programme year"
If I understand it correctly, clients remaining in the pipeline is the same thing as size of the pool (for that particular programme and date).

Hemi427

Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dan_and said:
That's very interesting. Do we know how many applicants are in their pool in relationship to their immigration target? That may give us a very rough idea how big the pool in Canada could become...

I can spend some time searching for it later, but maybe anyone already has the information at hand?
I guess the applications numbers start with E0002, which are generic numbers, and as of 11th Feb, I saw someone with E0002600XX as application number... if they started application count from 10,000 onwards (as the applicants on 2nd jan has applications number as E000217XXX), this means we have roughly 50,000 applications enrolled. This means more than 1000 applications per day?? Pool is growing...lol

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
Hemi427 said:
I guess the applications numbers start with E0002, which are generic numbers, and as of 11th Feb, I saw someone with E0002600XX as application number... if they started application count from 10,000 onwards (as the applicants on 2nd jan has applications number as E000217XXX), this means we have roughly 50,000 applications enrolled. This means more than 1000 applications per day?? Pool is growing...lol
I would assume the growth rate would diminish somewhat. Judging by 2014 spreadsheet, the number of applications received by CIO in the first 2 months since the program launch was somewhat larger than in the following months (see http://tinyurl.com/FSW14-Spreadsheet , "Charts" subsection, "Spreadsheet applications received by CIO per date").

Hemi427

Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fl_pie said:
I would assume the growth rate would diminish somewhat. Judging by 2014 spreadsheet, the number of applications received by CIO in the first 2 months since the program launch was somewhat larger than in the following months (see http://tinyurl.com/FSW14-Spreadsheet , "Charts" subsection, "Spreadsheet applications received by CIO per date").
Yes thats true, the number will go down considerably once the potential candidates have enrolled. Seems it will rack up for couple of months and slow down towards second half of the year...Since its an online system, I believe its quality over quantity, so numbers won't matter unless it has substance... For previous years, candidates who submitted applications were ones who paid fee and submitted all documents, but now any tom, dick and harry can fill up the form and try his luck...

mbakhan

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hemi427 said:
Yes thats true, the number will go down considerably once the potential candidates have enrolled. Seems it will rack up for couple of months and slow down towards second half of the year...Since its an online system, I believe its quality over quantity, so numbers won't matter unless it has substance... For previous years, candidates who submitted applications were ones who paid fee and submitted all documents, but now any tom, dick and harry can fill up the form and try his luck...
'

Yes but then all these people shall have to fall in any of the category required to create a profile, and if they can make one means they are eligible, at least eligible if not high scorers, can anyone tell me if someone makes merely 67 points on FSW, how much he makes it in CRS??

irishIan

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
It seems that only 1 in 4 people are getting picked from the pool each draw. The first draw there was 3000 in the pool! out of 10,000 applicants!

These numbers do not look good for lower scoring people. It means that, if we take the first draw, 2221 people are back in ready to enter the pool again? That means another 3 draws after the first just to clear the initial 3000 people who got into the pool for the FIRST draw?

What do you guys think?