+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is the limit on CAD amount to bring when coming to live(3rd landing)

gd

May 9, 2009
Hi,

My family and I will be coming to live in Canada permanently this summer. We made our initial landing in 2009 and returned to where I work currently.

I am aware that that one should declare if he/she carry over CAD 10,000 during the first landing.

Does this limit apply to PRs everytime they enter Canada?

My question here is: If I carry say CAD 15,000 when I enter Canada this summer:
a) Will this be allowed according to Canadian immigration rules? If not what is the limit?

b) Where should I declare this when I enter from Toronto airport? (Because, I will not be going to the immigration area as I did during my first landing)

I appreciate for your feedback on this.

Regards

gd

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There's no limit on how much each time you can bring or carry into Canada. But if you are carrying over CAD10,000 you would need to declare in the arrival form.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Steaky is right... u can bring-in box loads if u can prove it's legitimate source.

New Ontarian

Apr 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And this would be taxable? (for someone who is returniong back as a PR)

What if i own a house or investment outside Canada, those would have to be declared on return?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
New Ontarian said:
1. And this would be taxable? (for someone who is returniong back as a PR)

2. What if i own a house or investment outside Canada, those would have to be declared on return?
1. No tax/duties/levies... u get to bring-it-in Free of charges.
2. If u declare - YES, it becomes your overseas income... we r required to pay for our 'Global Income'*.

Qorax
*Unless they have a Tax Treaty between the countries.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with qorax. Also, if you sell your house or investment outside Canada at a loss, which is a capital loss, you can offset future capital gains in another investment if u declare.

gd

May 9, 2009
Hi everyone!

Thanks guys! You guys are doing a great service to people who are uncertain on important things while migration.

gd