+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what is the future of Germany for International students ?

xtremist

Jan 9, 2011
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-09-2012
File Transfer...
14-09-2012
Med's Request
02-10-2012
Med's Done....
05-10-2012
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
08-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2012
LANDED..........
25-12-2012
guys i just want to know if we compare germany vs canada which one is good as chc islamabad is gone mad these days no visa nothing

what are the pro and cons of germany as compare to canada

jazzyworld

Jan 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Germany is a gr8 place to study .....

No tuition fee
No Bank Statements
Unlimited work allowed even move to other European countries during vacation to find work

But........

You can't get PR after competing studies unless you find a job paying you over 550 Eur p/m + Health insurance

Aman Brar

May 12, 2012
What are the job prospectus in germany after study??i mean do german employers accept immigrants easily.?

xtremist

Jan 9, 2011
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-09-2012
File Transfer...
14-09-2012
Med's Request
02-10-2012
Med's Done....
05-10-2012
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
08-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2012
LANDED..........
25-12-2012
but i think language is a huge problem ? as if you dont know german then finding part time job is also a difficult task ?

rogerpaul

May 17, 2012
Hi,

I am doing my PhD in Germany. It is a great country, people are friendly, etc.
However, getting a PR is difficult unless you are in the technical field, and that too I am not sure.
You need to know fluent German, you need to show money in the bank (7500 euros) to avail of the one year post study job search visa permit, and if you get it then your visa becomes a five year permit, and that you have to fulfill more conditions to become a PR. So it is very difficult when compared to CAN which has opened up PhD for permanent migration.
So, if you want to go back to your country, Germany is a good place to study otherwise go to CAN.

R

Star Member
Aug 23, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rogerpaul said:
Hi,

I am doing my PhD in Germany. It is a great country, people are friendly, etc.
However, getting a PR is difficult unless you are in the technical field, and that too I am not sure.
You need to know fluent German, you need to show money in the bank (7500 euros) to avail of the one year post study job search visa permit, and if you get it then your visa becomes a five year permit, and that you have to fulfill more conditions to become a PR. So it is very difficult when compared to CAN which has opened up PhD for permanent migration.
So, if you want to go back to your country, Germany is a good place to study otherwise go to CAN.
Being in Canada for so many years, I would rate Germany as a far better place to live. It got a culture, sense of pride, history, a social integration which is impossible to have in Canada. Yes, language is a big problem in Germany. As far as I know you need to show something like a locked amount in a German account as a proof of funding or living. German is quite open to immigrants as the same is evident by thousands of Turkish worker in Germany.

What I have noticed so far (unless you are really good in studies or let's say hold some technical knowledge) you are good to apply in Canada or GErmany. If you are an average jackass, you need to know how to "manage" things, be it job or PR. Here everyone is talking about Saskatchewan PR but guys did you know there exist NOC C or D level options in other provinces like Alberta or British Columbia. I there there are simply NO SHORTAGE of NOC C and D level of Jobs. You are good to apply for PR if you graduate from Trade course, NOC C or D level jobs. If you are an average student, forget about NOC O, A level jobs. Competition is extremely high for these jobs. You guys are even struggling to score 6.5 in IELTS (so just imagine about Canadian accent!!). Life here isn't easy but I would suggest be well prepared. Chances are really high if you are a smartass.

rogerpaul

May 17, 2012
R said:
Being in Canada for so many years, I would rate Germany as a far better place to live. It got a culture, sense of pride, history, a social integration which is impossible to have in Canada. Yes, language is a big problem in Germany. As far as I know you need to show something like a locked amount in a German account as a proof of funding or living. German is quite open to immigrants as the same is evident by thousands of Turkish worker in Germany.

What I have noticed so far (unless you are really good in studies or let's say hold some technical knowledge) you are good to apply in Canada or GErmany. If you are an average jackass, you need to know how to "manage" things, be it job or PR. Here everyone is talking about Saskatchewan PR but guys did you know there exist NOC C or D level options in other provinces like Alberta or British Columbia. I there there are simply NO SHORTAGE of NOC C and D level of Jobs. You are good to apply for PR if you graduate from Trade course, NOC C or D level jobs. If you are an average student, forget about NOC O, A level jobs. Competition is extremely high for these jobs. You guys are even struggling to score 6.5 in IELTS (so just imagine about Canadian accent!!). Life here isn't easy but I would suggest be well prepared. Chances are really high if you are a smartass.
I have lived in both Canada and Germany. Both places are good....however, the social integration that you speak about is only if you become "German", and the legal (not cultural) barriers are quite high. Again, this is more a matter of class than foreigners etc. So if you are an highly educated academic you will find living in Germany easy even if you dont speak German very well. Germans are friendly and nice. You will find living here fun even if you are not completely accepted. If you want to be completely German, and accepted you must speak perfect German etc. On the other hand, if you are working class, then it is harder to get accepted.

However, while in Canada no one really cares if you become "Canadian" here u must assimilate. Thus if you are close to your culture and love it, Germany is a harder place than Canada. To be accepted in Germany you must become German. In Canada u can keep your own culture. The Turks are the descendants of immigrants in the 1960s.and those who still want to be Turkish, still have problems in German society. I love both countries, but my advice is that it is much easier to stay on in Canada after studies than it is in Germany. This is purely from a legal point of view.