+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is the difference between application number and file number

devileater

Jul 26, 2014
Hi everyone, I see so many people talk about file number which is deliveried by AOR. I sent my application to cic under CEC in March this year, and about 20 days I got an email named "Application for Permanent Residence in Canada (CEC)‏" and there is a uci number and an application number starts with E

After that just one email"Request for RCMP Clearance Certificate‏ " and nothing else. No any emails named Acknowledgment of Receipt

So I am wondering if the application number is actually the file number?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
devileater said:
Hi everyone, I see so many people talk about file number which is deliveried by AOR. I sent my application to cic under CEC in March this year, and about 20 days I got an email named "Application for Permanent Residence in Canada (CEC)‏" and there is a uci number and an application number starts with E

After that just one email"Request for RCMP Clearance Certificate‏ " and nothing else. No any emails named Acknowledgment of Receipt

So I am wondering if the application number is actually the file number?
File number = Application number, there's no difference.

T.

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
"Application for Permanent Residence in Canada (CEC)‏" and there is a uci number and an application number starts with E

That is your AOR - Acknowledgement Of Receipt with Application Number.

I second that what Toby has said.

cassara

Sep 3, 2014
We have the same situation. I sent my application last August 2013. and I just received the AOR and nothing else until now.

Any update on your application?

Ahmed428

Oct 7, 2022
I need help me I, have uci number with no letter starting with and I have also 2 of G000 numbers I don't know how to look my status in canada please someone help me how