+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is the best website for the citizenship test

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
Hello everyone
How are you
I become citizen last year

But I am here to ask one question for my wife .

Her test is soon

So what is website is best for the study .

I recommend her to study discovery Canada but due to her English is poor , she wants to study MCQ .

Pls advise

Thanks
Good luck to all forum members

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Just remember there is no official website for practice questions; while a website from a Ottawa (Richmond) public library is likely closer to accurate than many of the options out there, the only official source is the book. And to be (perhaps brutally) honest if you have trouble understanding the book you may well also struggle to understand the test questions which I am led to believe are, in some cases, designed to test your understanding (comprehension) of the language.

I would recommend that assuming your English is better, perhaps focus on talking / reading English at home for the next little while as she'll also need to prove an acceptable level of English with the interview.

hopeinshahallah

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2012
Doc's Request.
Police Certificates Sent Along with the Application
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
IELTS Request
IELTS sent with application
Med's Request
23-04-2013
Med's Done....
30-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
along with RPRF & Biodata request / ECAS updated to "Decision Made": 14-06-2013 / Passport Sent: 14-06-2013 / Passport & COPR Received: 05-Jul-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-June-2013
LANDED..........
06-July-2013 (Fort Erie, Peace Bridge U-Turn)
I received 13 similar questions from http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/ however 7 questions were new directly from the Book. You have read the book and not to take the chance. the wordings were somewhat different than the mock sample questions.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Just remember there is no official website for practice questions; while a website from a Ottawa (Richmond) public library is likely closer to accurate than many of the options out there, the only official source is the book. And to be (perhaps brutally) honest if you have trouble understanding the book you may well also struggle to understand the test questions which I am led to believe are, in some cases, designed to test your understanding (comprehension) of the language.

I would recommend that assuming your English is better, perhaps focus on talking / reading English at home for the next little while as she'll also need to prove an acceptable level of English with the interview.
Agreed regarding the language issue. If you are required to test, you are also required to demonstrate ability in either English or French.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/eligibility/language-proof.html

What evidence was provided in the original application and, dare I ask, was it genuine?

Last edited:

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
I received 13 similar questions from http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/ however 7 questions were new directly from the Book. You have read the book and not to take the chance. the wordings were somewhat different than the mock sample questions.
Good to know. May I ask what score you got in the test - looks like it was a couple of days ago? Assume you got >= 15 :)

Just to add as well I believe the official test is about 20 questions from a base of 1000 questions. The example here has 147 (for Ontario anyway).

I'm short of time so I just did a few (4) and got them all right , I'm definitely going to do all 147 when I get time too. But even if I get 147 (unlikely) I'm still going to read the book some more especially when I actually get a test invite.

I find it odd the site advertises having a copy of the book available in Chinese given anyone taking the test has to have a decent level of English! And I believe the book only comes officially in English and French?

Last edited: