+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is the best website/App for finding private-room

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Yes, also PR candidate from impoverished countries can provide this for proofing
I am not telling you lie ! 13000 $ for many Asian countries would be 2 years salary of the most immigrants in Canada.
At least, 20s, I've known that from multiple countries , their saving (Asian) for annually is not exceeded more than 4-5 K $
But, Yes, proof of fund
but you bring money to another Land !!!! it hasn't meaningless ? more than 98% of immigrants leave their country to find the better life , and , therefore better , would not be happened by dwelling in Canada, unless you have a money and money means work ,and work means deserve and decent job not moping/wiping the floor for 14$ wage / cashier while you were engineer !!!Many believe in this ! many here told me that even you're Phd you must start from very basic! I know many one despite their effort , in comparison with their former job's position in their home land , no sensitive changes has been seen.
This topic is getting strange. Is it about looking for accomodation any more?

I agree with others, most of the economic immigration route do require PR candidate to show proof of settlement fund. The reason is because you DO NEED that amount to start. Very few get a job soon after they land. They need money to settle.
If you make less in your home country, then spend more time to save up enough. I believe you didn't lie or misrepresent to IRCC and do have the fund.

Also MANY Asian countries make a lot more than they do in Canada. $13000Cnd is even less than their monthly income. So calling your situation as a general case for "Asian countries" may not be very correct. Some doctors, dentists made a lot more back in home country and they know how hard it is to start again in Canada with the same profession. So they save up a lot and some may even plan to start their own business in Canada instead of going back to their previous professions.

Back to your original question. Do some research and find out which city/area you planned to settle. Then first stay at air B&B and find out where you want to rent long term. Your budget of $750 is low if you want to stay near Toronto.
On top of rent, some rental do not include things like cable, internet, gas, electric/hydro ...etc. So be prepared to pay more on top of the rent.
If you do not plan to drive/buy a car, also look for location with easy public transit (which could also mean higher rent)

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So confused by this post. You asked about where to find a room “ANYWHERE” in Ontario and you were given advice with Kijiji and use Airbnb for temporary housing. Now it is about expenses and cost of living, and how you can’t afford Canada. You say you have PR, so you would have show POFs.

• Wow
Reactions: santi_marlon

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So,it's expected to be hired as skilled person with 20$ per hour If you say working as a restaurant anything position can gain 16$
I would like to recap that whether the job hunting on based-on salary
any immigrant should not have problem with 18$-20$ per hour for starting
How about you find work such as live-in caregiver such that you don't have to find accomodation? Advantage is you can start work immediately after arrival and you can find work before leaving the comfort of your Asian home country. You can save your monthly budget of $750...

santi_marlon

Sep 19, 2019
Very few get a job soon after they land.
Yes I know
may not be very correct
It's correct , many immigrants from Indian , Indonesia , Iraq, Afghanistan , and many others do not have more than 500 - 1000 $ income per month , I have a valid and authentic information
but I respect you
Your budget of $750 is low if you want to stay near Toronto.
On top of rent, some rental do not include things like cable, internet, gas, electric/hydro ...etc. So be prepared to pay more on top of the rent.
could you please inform me at least cost for renting in/near toronto please

santi_marlon

Sep 19, 2019
show
So confused by this post. You asked about where to find a room “ANYWHERE” in Ontario and you were given advice with Kijiji and use Airbnb for temporary housing. Now it is about expenses and cost of living, and how you can’t afford Canada. You say you have PR, so you would have show POFs.
having said that, showing POF does not mean you waste and lost and spend all your money in "Opportunity Country" to find a deserve job.
thanks for your kind contribution here

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes I know

It's correct , many immigrants from Indian , Indonesia , Iraq, Afghanistan , and many others do not have more than 500 - 1000 $ income per month , I have a valid and authentic information
but I respect you

There are lots of people who do actually make $500-1000 per month. The cost will depend on where you rent and what you rent and what is available. Could vary from $500-$1000. For $500 you are likely renting a small room in someone’s home that isn’t very near public transportation. Renting a room in someone’s home that they usually rent for extra income is more difficult as a male. The cost of a room is so variable in Toronto and also depends on availability and a bit of luck. You also have to consider things like whether things like internet or utilities are included.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
show

having said that, showing POF does not mean you waste and lost and spend all your money in "Opportunity Country" to find a deserve job.
thanks for your kind contribution here
POF are to cover the cost of your transition to Canada and to support you while finding employment. I think most immigrants would suggest that this a figure is low and you really need a bit more especially in places like Toronto and Vancouver. I’m not sure what you are expecting from your move to Canada but most new immigrants as well as Canadians don’t land a professional job in a few weeks. It often takes a few months. Many new immigrants and young Canadians also start off in jobs that are not ideal and slowly try to find better opportunities.

santi_marlon

Sep 19, 2019
POF are to cover the cost of your transition to Canada and to support you while finding employment. I think most immigrants would suggest that this a figure is low and you really need a bit more especially in places like Toronto and Vancouver. I’m not sure what you are expecting from your move to Canada but most new immigrants as well as Canadians don’t land a professional job in a few weeks. It often takes a few months. Many new immigrants and young Canadians also start off in jobs that are not ideal and slowly try to find better opportunities.
Thanks
I'd like to ask you a question that
even low salary but related job is possible? suppose skillful engineer should get 60$/hour
but can find a one third like 20$ but related job not General job ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks
I'd like to ask you a question that
even low salary but related job is possible? suppose skillful engineer should get 60$/hour
but can find a one third like 20$ but related job not General job ?
No one here can tell you what job you will be able to find, how much it will pay, or how quickly you will be able to find it.

This is impossible to predict.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wow
caregiver !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no it's not possible
someone with CRS 475 as an example come there and start caregiver children
How would it not possible?

For example, someone studied economics, graduated in Connell University and started a career as a hairdresser.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Yes I know

but I respect you

I think I mis-understand your previous posts. I though you mean the immigrants did not make a lot of money back in the home country because those countries do not pay well. I didn't know that you mean after ppl immigrated to Canada. Well it's possible to make less than $500 if someone works part time.

BTW... I am still very confused with your Avatar, did you actually come from Taiwan?

I live in Vancouver, so I do not have exact number for renting in/near Toronto. But you can easily find them if you search kijiji or craigslist.
You may be able to rent a room with shared amenities in an old house for less than $1000. But I don't know if that's an ideal living situation.

BTW... if you are in IT, communication is VERY essential. I have a hard time uderstanding most of your posts....
If you want to get into management, that's even more important. Spend time to improve your softskills.