+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is the best way to get my brother in law to Canada?

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
My brother in law is 24 and just finishing up college in Philippines. He went to school for IT but that does not help at all getting him to Canada. What is the best way for him to immigrate to Canada?

My wife came here as a caregiver, but for men that path is harder as not many people want to sponsor a male caregiver. Can anyone please suggest what we should be looking to do?

Please PM me if you do not want to discuss it here.

***MODS - I have requested to close my other thread of the same name because it was in the wrong section***

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Just to expound on the earlier answer...have him finish college, maybe make him take an additional or master's degree in the Philippines where it is cheaper just to ensure he gets at least a bachelor's degree minimum, while he gets work experience of at least 2 years. There are plenty of IT jobs in the Philippines too, don't let him languish in a BPO, so that he can get experience in an IT NOC. He is still pretty young, so there is time for him to work on those. The window starts to narrow when he turns 30.

It's a marathon, and from the way you describe, he is still pretty unqualified to immigrate through an economic program.

Aside from Express Entry, also look into provincial nomination programs and the Atlantic Immigration Pilot, although again, that requires education and work experience.

There is also the study in Canada option, but you had mentioned in his TRV application thread that he is a scholar and hence funds are limited.