+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is the best option to extend my work permit ?

HomerJ

Jun 5, 2017
Hi,

I came to Canada with my wife on SOWP. My spouse is a student here. My SOWP expires on March 20th. My spouse will be applying for PGWP on January.

I am working in a NOC A job for the past 8 months. I've also applied for MPNP a month ago and waiting to get nominated (It takes 6-8 months to get MPNP these days).

I would like to know what are the options available for me to extend my work permit and the best option to extend the work permit. Please let me know if you need any further information.

Thanks in advance.
hj

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can extend your work permit once you have the provincial nomination. Otherwise you can extend your work permit once your spouse has completed her studies and has started a full time job that is NOC A, B or 0.

HomerJ

Jun 5, 2017
You can extend your work permit once you have the provincial nomination. Otherwise you can extend your work permit once your spouse has completed her studies and has started a full time job that is NOC A, B or 0.
Thanks a lot for the info Scylla. I've already got sowp for 20 months. My spouse will be getting pgwp for 3 years. If I apply once she get NOC A or B or 0 job, what would be the validity of my work permit if approved? I heard we can't work more than 4 yr in canada. Is it true?

What are the documents needed if I want to extend the open work permit as employer specific work permit ? How long the validly for employer specifc work permit ?

Thanks in advance

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks a lot for the info Scylla. I've already got sowp for 20 months. My spouse will be getting pgwp for 3 years. If I apply once she get NOC A or B or 0 job, what would be the validity of my work permit if approved? I heard we can't work more than 4 yr in canada. Is it true?

What are the documents needed if I want to extend the open work permit as employer specific work permit ? How long the validly for employer specifc work permit ?
Your work permit would have the same validity as her PGWP. The 4 year limit was removed.

Your employer needs a positive LMIA. There is no set validity; it depends on the job offer, the LMIA etc.