+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is Right of Permanent Resident Fee (landing fee)?

mrs-vkp

Star Member
Jul 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
24-11-2014
File Transfer...
14-01-2015
Med's Request
04-02-2015
Med's Done....
10-02-2015
I have submitted the family class application for my mother beginning this year and she received an email which suggests:

"In order to expedite the processing of your application, we are requesting that you provide the following as soon as possible:
· Proof of payment of your Right of Permanent Resident Fee (landing fee) to our office in Mississauga or by your sponsor in Canada, if not already paid. Note: dependent children are not required to pay the Right of Permanent Resident Fee.
....."

Is this same as application fees- I paid with application? I can't remember the number but it was approximate $500 or this is another fees.

This email she got almost one week ago but has not received the medical request. This email suggests
"
You and your family members who are included in this application must undergo complete medical examinations. You will receive a separate e-mail with instructions for medical examination for you and your dependants, whether accompanying or not. The issuance of medical instructions does not constitute final acceptance of your application. "

So just wondering how many days it takes for CIC to make such request.

Also they mentioned
"Submission of a Schedule A – Background/Declaration form (IMM 5669), for you and all dependent family members, where question 8 – Personal History and question 12 – Addresses, cover the entire period since the age of 18, leaving no gaps, if not already submitted with answers covering this entire period."

I have submitted this form 6 months ago- does my mother need to submit again. Also this email does not specify - which address all this information needs to go but the email came from Delhi consulate. Is it Ok to assume that all this info (except the above fees- specifically asked for Mississauga) needs to go to local consulate?

please advise.

Thanks

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
1. the email says "IF", so you will want to double check the fees you paid to make sure it was paid. the right of permanent residency fee is the fee that is required for the application to be finalized. it is $550. if you paid it, then you don't need to do anything. if you feel the need to, you can always resend the receipt to show it's paid, though it's not required to do so.

2. no one can really tell you this. it is dependant on the visa office and the officer handling your application. you may be able to see what the "Trend" is in the parental sponsorship thread.

3. it is quite common for this form needing to be resubmitted. if enough time passes, they need the information updated. also, it could be the form itself was updated and they need the information on the most current version of the form.

If the email didn't specify how to send everything, then you can either reply back to the email and submit everything that way or send it through a case specific enquiry (CSE) on CIC's website.

dddppp

Aug 9, 2016
1. I have paid 475 + 75 (total 550) fees as application fees when I submitted the application in January 2016.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Ponga said:
You haven't paid it yet...it's $490.
my bad. ponga is right. the RPRF is $490. you need to pay that along with the other fees. sorry for the misinformation!

mrs-vkp

Star Member
Jul 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
24-11-2014
File Transfer...
14-01-2015
Med's Request
04-02-2015
Med's Done....
10-02-2015
paid $550 but still have not heard back about the address to send all these documents -submitted the case query 4 days ago and responded back to the email origin (Delhi embassy) too.
still working on police clearance..