+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is Ontario Nomination Program

ritthere4u

Mar 18, 2016
Guys,

Am new to this forum, and have just started with the process for EE. I understand that getting a job through job bank or monster/3rd party websites are practically improbable. So wanted to understand the following:

A score of 400 makes it more or less certain to have an ontario nomination. So I want to understand what exactly is a nomination? and what happens with it, apart from getting an increased score of 600 and an ITA ?

Plz help me understand how does it benefit getting a job, because considering my financial status it wont be possible for me to fly to Canada before securing a job in hand. Is this something that can actually be achieved, i.e. getting a job without physically present?

Moreover I am under NOC : Information system Analyst & Consultant... so any idea about the job market for someone with 2yrs of work-ex.

Can you suggest on other provinces where I can fancy my chances?

webbman90

Star Member
Feb 29, 2016
Lagos
NOC Code......
ritthere4u said:
Guys,

Am new to this forum, and have just started with the process for EE. I understand that getting a job through job bank or monster/3rd party websites are practically improbable. So wanted to understand the following:

A score of 400 makes it more or less certain to have an ontario nomination. So I want to understand what exactly is a nomination? and what happens with it, apart from getting an increased score of 600 and an ITA ?

Plz help me understand how does it benefit getting a job, because considering my financial status it wont be possible for me to fly to Canada before securing a job in hand. Is this something that can actually be achieved, i.e. getting a job without physically present?

Moreover I am under NOC : Information system Analyst & Consultant... so any idea about the job market for someone with 2yrs of work-ex.

Can you suggest on other provinces where I can fancy my chances?

Hello Dear,

If you scored above 400, then Automatically Ontario would send you an expression of interest telling you to apply.

The end game if you pass all there criterias is to give you a provincial nomination.

A provincial nomination is a certificate a province gives to you showing they are interested in you and your family. The province also notifies CIC and awards you 600 points automatically. Thereby you now have 400 + 600 = 1000.

With this kind of point you automatically get ITA (Invitation to Apply) from CIC.

You need to first understand the stages.

First you open an EE account after WES and IELTS
Then you get a score
If your score is above 400 lucky you (Ontario indicates interest in your profile)
Because 400 cant get you ITA
if you succeed with Ontario, Ontario gives you PNP (Provincial Nomination)
If you dont get up to 400 then nobody indicates interest so you have to indicate the interest to the provinces yourself.
Once you have above at least 480 points, you get ITA at the next draw.
The ITA indicates your next steps.
Then you prepare your documents and pay your government fees
After all theses you submit your profile to CIC
Then CIC processes and verifies all your documentation (this takes 3 - 4 months)
Once CIC approves you, they then issue you a PR (Passport Requset)
After that
YOU ARE IN CANADA.... :p

Hope this helps...

ritthere4u

Mar 18, 2016
Hello Webbman90,

Thanks a ton for the reply... However I have a few more queries :) :) :) :) :):

1. I understand that if I get a provincial nomination, I would automatically be eligible for an ITA.. so does an ITA ensures that I would start getting interview calls from companies? or is it a fact, that to get a job I need to be in Canada 1st?

2. When I create the EE, I have the option of selecting all provinces. So do I need to pay the application fee for each of the provinces only when I get a letter of interest from any one of them ? Or while creating the profile itself I need to pay for the ones I am interested in?

Cheers !!

Vitamin26

Mar 17, 2016
ritthere4u said:
Hello Webbman90,

Thanks a ton for the reply... However I have a few more queries :) :) :) :) :):

1. I understand that if I get a provincial nomination, I would automatically be eligible for an ITA.. so does an ITA ensures that I would start getting interview calls from companies? or is it a fact, that to get a job I need to be in Canada 1st?

2. When I create the EE, I have the option of selecting all provinces. So do I need to pay the application fee for each of the provinces only when I get a letter of interest from any one of them ? Or while creating the profile itself I need to pay for the ones I am interested in?

Cheers !!

1. You will not receive a job automatically after you get ITA. You will have to apply just like the residents once you are in Canada.
2. You only need to pay when you send your application for PNP.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/oinp-ee-human-capital-priorities-stream-comprehensive-guide-t396543.0.html

Above link will provide you the exact info on OINP.

ritthere4u

Mar 18, 2016
Hello,

I just wanted to understand, is it possible to have a job through job bank? Means based on whatever I have read in different forums and threads it is practically improbable if not impossible, to get a job here, and then based on that fly to Canada.

So essentially is it just the fact that, job bank/monster, etc etc is essentially for people who are physically present in Canada?

Fiqbal007

Mar 22, 2016
Hi there,

I am new to this site. Kindly help me in understanding the Ontario nomination program. I am having 411 points on the profile, when can I expect an invitation to apply from Ontario or there is no chance with these points ;D

Profile Status Details:
Application/profile status "Open"
Province/Territory Nomination "No nomination at this time"
Job Bank Registration "Accepted"
Review of Minimum Entry Criteria "Met"
ITA Status "No invitation at this time"
Federal Skilled Worker "Met"
Provincial Nominee Program "Not Met"

Please guide.

webbman90

Star Member
Feb 29, 2016
Lagos
NOC Code......
ritthere4u said:
Hello,

I just wanted to understand, is it possible to have a job through job bank? Means based on whatever I have read in different forums and threads it is practically improbable if not impossible, to get a job here, and then based on that fly to Canada.

So essentially is it just the fact that, job bank/monster, etc etc is essentially for people who are physically present in Canada?
Its practically immpossible to get a job from outside CANADA. The job bank thing really doesnt work for people outside CANADA.

So far of all the people i know doing EE, 1/10000 got a job through job bank.

So just forget about jobs and look for PNP

Once you get to CANADA, jobs would come...

Fiqbal007

Mar 22, 2016
Hi, .. Can anybody guide me on this earlier request?

Fiqbal007 said:
Hi there,

I am new to this site. Kindly help me in understanding the Ontario nomination program. I am having 411 points on the profile, when can I expect an invitation to apply from Ontario or there is no chance with these points ;D

Profile Status Details:
Application/profile status "Open"
Province/Territory Nomination "No nomination at this time"
Job Bank Registration "Accepted"
Review of Minimum Entry Criteria "Met"
ITA Status "No invitation at this time"
Federal Skilled Worker "Met"
Provincial Nominee Program "Not Met"

Please guide.

diadem27

Mar 22, 2016
[quote author=webbman90 ]

Hello Dear,

If you scored above 400, then Automatically Ontario would send you an expression of interest telling you to apply.

The end game if you pass all there criterias is to give you a provincial nomination.

A provincial nomination is a certificate a province gives to you showing they are interested in you and your family. The province also notifies CIC and awards you 600 points automatically. Thereby you now have 400 + 600 = 1000.

With this kind of point you automatically get ITA (Invitation to Apply) from CIC.

You need to first understand the stages.

First you open an EE account after WES and IELTS
Then you get a score
If your score is above 400 lucky you (Ontario indicates interest in your profile)
Because 400 cant get you ITA
if you succeed with Ontario, Ontario gives you PNP (Provincial Nomination)
If you dont get up to 400 then nobody indicates interest so you have to indicate the interest to the provinces yourself.
Once you have above at least 480 points, you get ITA at the next draw.
The ITA indicates your next steps.
Then you prepare your documents and pay your government fees
After all theses you submit your profile to CIC
Then CIC processes and verifies all your documentation (this takes 3 - 4 months)
Once CIC approves you, they then issue you a PR (Passport Requset)
After that
YOU ARE IN CANADA.... :p

Hope this helps...
[/quote]

Hi webbman90,

Thanks for you detailed clarification for the newbies like us. However it would be much appreciated if you comment on below few queries as well:

1. If we have a combined CRS score of 450+ (for me n my spouse), does Ontario automatically shows an EOI over my EE profile/Email and post that i have to apply over below link and once completed my EE will reflect "Province/Territory Nomination: Ontario".
http: //www .ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPSTUDENTS_MASTERSAPPLY.html#display

2. Once got a PN from one province (say thru OINP), can i apply for other province as well (if received an EOI from them). Does the receipt of PN from 1 province entitles the applicant to work in that province only and later on if required to work in different province will that again require a nomination process for that province.

3. Can you explain your statement "Once you have above at least 480 points, you get ITA at the next draw.", I lost you over this point in your chronological answer.

Thanks!! J