+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is my skill type?

Vivek_lk

May 22, 2016
Hi guys,

I have been stuck with deciding which skill type my job role has been on. I've got 3+ years experience as manager - marketing and public relations. With that in my mind, my job fits into the following NOC codes:

- 0124 - Marketing manger
- 1123 - Marketing professional
- 1226 - Events planner

Now my concern is that the numbers that go with it. It is so confusing because 0124 indicates as Skill A, while 1123 states Skill type 1. I am a bit confused if Skill 1 and Skill A are the same. Can someone please help?

Thank You

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Look at the duties and responsibilities of each NOC code and pick the one that is closest to the duties and responsibilities of your position

Vivek_lk

May 22, 2016
Look at the duties and responsibilities of each NOC code and pick the one that is closest to the duties and responsibilities of your position
Yes, mine is closer to 1123, but it says skill 1. Does that mean, Skill Type A or something else?

Vivek_lk

May 22, 2016
Ok cool, because the moment you click it, you get another window asking you to type in the code again. There it says nothing about Skill Type A. It only says Skill type 1. That is why I was confused. Please let me know after checking the attachment, if possible please.

https://noc.esdc.gc.ca/Structure/NocProfile/8d9e0e06ec4242b39c3bf4eeb4a45319?objectid=vnXjPp9WeVtIDAqHxJvf7X7E12lq1YHl8NKaOJ3JBcIyMxrUkpdvc/69CPMnrfFU

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
https://noc.esdc.gc.ca/Structure/Hierarchy/cddcd610adea442b944519ca72a86517?objectid=RwFdz5l1jWaeW30XiX9vew==

You will notice that the skill level corresponds to the category, under which you have different subcategories. The category for your occupation is 1 - Business, finance, and administration occupations.

These have to do with how your occupation is categorised.

However, skill types are job groups, the most common are skill type 0, A and B for Express Entry.

Skill type 0 is for managerial jobs, A is for professional jobs which usually require a degree, and B is for skilled trades which require technical training and qualifications.

These are the most important designations to know for your EE profile, the occupation categories are mainly for organising jobs for IRCC and other government services like the job bank.

For you, your NOC code comes under skill type A, which means you have to qualify under the Federal Skilled Workers program.

Vivek_lk

May 22, 2016
https://noc.esdc.gc.ca/Structure/Hierarchy/cddcd610adea442b944519ca72a86517?objectid=RwFdz5l1jWaeW30XiX9vew==

You will notice that the skill level corresponds to the category, under which you have different subcategories. The category for your occupation is 1 - Business, finance, and administration occupations.

These have to do with how your occupation is categorised.

However, skill types are job groups, the most common are skill type 0, A and B for Express Entry.

Skill type 0 is for managerial jobs, A is for professional jobs which usually require a degree, and B is for skilled trades which require technical training and qualifications.

These are the most important designations to know for your EE profile, the occupation categories are mainly for organising jobs for IRCC and other government services like the job bank.

For you, your NOC code comes under skill type A, which means you have to qualify under the Federal Skilled Workers program.
Thank you very much for your detailed explanation, Islander216. Highly appreciated.