+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is left for me to do?

LBDJ

Star Member
Nov 22, 2017
Markham, ON
My husband was denied in the month March of this year. We appealed and got our case file number shortly after but now it has been 4 months and we have not heard anything at all. This is driving me crazy i just got back this week from visiting him once again for his birthday hoping that we would hear or receive something but nothing as yet. Does anyone know a time frame of when we would hear something? I am from Canada and my husband is from the Dominican Republic. I know that Mexico is slower when it comes to the immigration process but it has been long enough. As of august we would have been married for two years and we seriously want to be able to start our lives together and achieve everything that we have planned for our lives. We are dealing with an immigration consultant that is going to help us with this case because he should not have been denied as in his interview she asked him like two questions and said she felt she was not convinced. I literally don't know what to do anymore and what to expect the lawyer just mentioned to send her things that will help with the appeal but like is there anything more that i can do? My heart is so saddened at this point. My husband just feels so helpless.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
My husband was denied in the month March of this year. We appealed and got our case file number shortly after but now it has been 4 months and we have not heard anything at all. This is driving me crazy i just got back this week from visiting him once again for his birthday hoping that we would hear or receive something but nothing as yet. Does anyone know a time frame of when we would hear something? I am from Canada and my husband is from the Dominican Republic. I know that Mexico is slower when it comes to the immigration process but it has been long enough. As of august we would have been married for two years and we seriously want to be able to start our lives together and achieve everything that we have planned for our lives. We are dealing with an immigration consultant that is going to help us with this case because he should not have been denied as in his interview she asked him like two questions and said she felt she was not convinced. I literally don't know what to do anymore and what to expect the lawyer just mentioned to send her things that will help with the appeal but like is there anything more that i can do? My heart is so saddened at this point. My husband just feels so helpless.
My understanding is appeals can take years. There is an entire thread dedicated to appeals.

LBDJ

Star Member
Nov 22, 2017
Markham, ON
yes i have read the appeal threads. But my thing is if i am not going through a full hearing it would not take years. But i guess you never know right? What are the chances of me just having an informal meeting and it going well?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
yes i have read the appeal threads. But my thing is if i am not going through a full hearing it would not take years. But i guess you never know right? What are the chances of me just having an informal meeting and it going well?
I'm not sure what you mean by an informal meeting - are you referring to ADR?

I would recommend you post this question to the appeals thread.