+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is higher level of studies? Ontario Graduate Certificate or Bachelor's degree (from outside Canada)

shortybhavz

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
I am creating an EOI for OINP under Foreign Worker's Stream. What should I put as my highest level of studies? I have studied in Ontario for 1-year and achieved my Post-Graduate Certificate (aka Ontario Graduate Certificate) and also finished my Bachelor's degree from my home country (have got ECA for this).

AAANWAR

Jan 17, 2020
I am creating an EOI for OINP under Foreign Worker's Stream. What should I put as my highest level of studies? I have studied in Ontario for 1-year and achieved my Post-Graduate Certificate (aka Ontario Graduate Certificate) and also finished my Bachelor's degree from my home country (have got ECA for this).
Hey! I am in a similar situation. What did you end up doing?

TIA

AAANWAR

Jan 17, 2020
Exactly. But there's no option that matches post-grad certificate. It's either college certificate, Bachelors or masters. Very confusing

anishpanta.ap

Jan 26, 2023
If you need to count your bachelors for CRS points, yes. If not, no.
Even in case of ONIP - International student stream ?
Don't we need it to support our Expression of Intrest points that got us the invitaion ?
And can you please tel me the total processing time involved in getting PR by this stream?

Thankyou

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Even in case of ONIP - International student stream ?
Don't we need it to support our Expression of Intrest points that got us the invitaion ?
And can you please tel me the total processing time involved in getting PR by this stream?

Thankyou
OINP is not an EE stream. It is a job offer stream. You get one less point for college diploma than bachelors. You get more points for TEER, wage, NOC status etc. OINP site will have processing times for nomination. IRCC will have processing times for PR.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-employer-job-offer-international-student-stream