+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is "current territory/country of residence"? and TRV-relevant question

khanhtrinh

May 30, 2016
1. I'm Vietnamese. My passport is issued in Vietnam. I am studying in Switzerland and have a residence permit to study here. So can I make Switzerland my "current country/territory of residence" when answering the questionnaire? Or my country of residence is still Vietnam?
2. I am applying online. I need a TRV along with a student permit. But my online application site shows that the field to upload TRV form is Optional. I'm confused.
3. If my application is approved, how can I get the TRV? Do I have to bring my passport to the VAC? There is no VAC in Switzerland, and I will have to go to France/Germany to give biometrics. If I have to go there again for TRV then it will be costly.

Retribution Seeker

Star Member
May 10, 2016
Visa Office......
Doha, Qatar.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2016
Med's Request
24-06-2016
Med's Done....
26-06-2016
Passport Req..
01-08-2016
If you're living at Switzerland at the moment then your current country/territory of residence is Switzerland. Regarding TRV I think you get that later when you get to Canada, not sure tho.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
khanhtrinh said:
1. I'm Vietnamese. My passport is issued in Vietnam. I am studying in Switzerland and have a residence permit to study here. So can I make Switzerland my "current country/territory of residence" when answering the questionnaire? Or my country of residence is still Vietnam?
2. I am applying online. I need a TRV along with a student permit. But my online application site shows that the field to upload TRV form is Optional. I'm confused.
3. If my application is approved, how can I get the TRV? Do I have to bring my passport to the VAC? There is no VAC in Switzerland, and I will have to go to France/Germany to give biometrics. If I have to go there again for TRV then it will be costly.
1. Country of residence is Switzerland.

2. The TRV field is optional because not everyone needs it. You do.

3. You can mail your passport for stamping.

Akshay0714

May 31, 2016
information about medical surveillance

Hi
I am Akshay Sharma from India i have a question regarding a medical surveillance form which i got from cic when i was granted a study visa for 1 year this month only in which it has been stated that i have to report to health clinic on arrival in canada within 30 days. Moreover i was suffering from tb earlier which i got to know when i undergo a study visa medical exam under panel physician reffered by cic. Although after that i had completed the 6 months medical treatment to cure Tb and got a clean chit from pulmonologist reffered by cic and after that i applied for study visa which was granted to me with a medical surveillance form and moreover my medical test validity was also going to be expired in first week on june this year. So i just wanted to clear in case by chance when i arrive in canada for medical surveillance test and somehow they find my tb active at that time so what they will do at that time will they send me back to India for completing test again or i can stay back there and start my treatment once again.
Somebody please help me out with this i am really worried .

khushboosinha

Jan 6, 2020
I am an Indian in US on a B1 visa applying for Canadian visitor visa.

There is a question on 'What is your current country/territory of residence?.' I will be completing my biometric in New York. What should I mention - India or US?

anura1980

Jan 29, 2023
i need to now what am I put below question. because i applied more times, it was an error. I'm srilankan citizen, but i have residence visa from united arab emirates since 2022 April 19 to 2024 April 18. i don't have lived for the past five years ,for more than 6 months' have only visit or tourist visa for more countries. But not more than 6 months.i was put uae details only.it hadn't proceed to continue.please help me apply correctly

• Countries or territories of residence - List your current country or territory of residence, then add all other countries or territories where you've lived for the past five years, for more than 6 months.