+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is considered "proof" that I'll return to Canada after wife gets PR status?

KLM2308

Feb 19, 2016
so here's my scenario:
I'm going through my supporting documents list for "Family Class Sponsorship" and am kind of stuck on the "provide proof that you will live in Canada with your spouse once she becomes a permanent resident of Canada."

To be honest, I haven't really planned this as of yet. So I don't have plane tickets for proof. Nobody's lined up for a job or anything since I have my own company in Beijing (my wife also works at the company).
I do plan to go later next year to take care of my dad who's now in his 80s and he lives in Toronto in a condo that's under his name. Can this be proof that I do plan to go back at some point? Or is this too vague?

Has anybody else provided "vague proof" for returning to Canada and had their PR application rejected/approved ?

angel4life08

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
Sent on 07-01-2017 SA...............:12-01-2017
File Transfer...
12-01-2017 AOR2...........: 02-02-2017 CSQ Filed....: 18-01-2017 CSQ Received: 05-04-2017
Med's Done....
07-12-2016 upfront - Passed
Interview........
Not Needed Bg Check......: 26-08-2017 DM...............: 29-09-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
17-11-2017
KLM2308 said:
so here's my scenario:
I'm going through my supporting documents list for "Family Class Sponsorship" and am kind of stuck on the "provide proof that you will live in Canada with your spouse once she becomes a permanent resident of Canada."

To be honest, I haven't really planned this as of yet. So I don't have plane tickets for proof. Nobody's lined up for a job or anything since I have my own company in Beijing (my wife also works at the company).
I do plan to go later next year to take care of my dad who's now in his 80s and he lives in Toronto in a condo that's under his name. Can this be proof that I do plan to go back at some point? Or is this too vague?

Has anybody else provided "vague proof" for returning to Canada and had their PR application rejected/approved ?
I am the sponsor (Canadian citizen) and I have been living with my husband in India for the last 2 and half year. I was approved as a sponsor almost 3 weeks after I applied. As proofs of returning back to Canada I sent:
-Canadian bank account statement showing that I have an open account in Canada
-Credit card statement showing that I still use my card even though I'm living abroad
-Emails from my mother and sister where they wrote how impatiently they are waiting for us and that they are ready to keep us at their place and even hep us financially if needed
-Chat history with family and friends where I tell them about my intentions of going back to Canada and how they will help me find a place to stay for when I return with my family
-Search history of apartments, jobs, day care (for my baby)
-Bank statement showing where I am showing that I have been paying for my Canadian driving license to keep it active for when I return to Canada
-A letter where I wrote how living here (In India) is getting hard for me and my family due to health issues we are having, the pollution...Also what we plan to do when arriving in Canada; find jobs in our field, husband will study if needed, learn french (moving to Quebec),

You can use other proofs according to your situation, like going to take care of your father as you mentioned.
If ever after sending your proofs CPC isn't satisfied, they can request you for more proofs...