+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is CAQ ?

navneet10sep

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We need to apply for CAQ if we want to study in Quebec. Why ? Is there any benefit of having CAQ in regards of visa approval ?

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
navneet10sep said:
We need to apply for CAQ if we want to study in Quebec. Why ? Is there any benefit of having CAQ in regards of visa approval ?
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/electronic-services/caq-electronic/index.html

navneet10sep

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mead said:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/electronic-services/caq-electronic/index.html
Thanks mead, But i did not find any information about what is the benefit of having CAQ ? Does it increase the chances of visa acceptance ?

Josh21

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
In a way, yes.

Quebec selects their own immigrants. If you are issued a CAQ, Canada is only responsible for checking your financial capacity. You usually cant be refused for other reasons.

If you are already in Canada and renewing your permit, Quebec will evaluate your financial capacity as well.

navneet10sep

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Josh21 said:
In a way, yes.

Quebec selects their own immigrants. If you are issued a CAQ, Canada is only responsible for checking your financial capacity. You usually cant be refused for other reasons.

If you are already in Canada and renewing your permit, Quebec will evaluate your financial capacity as well.
Thanks Josh21 for this information , +1 for you. This system is much better i think. How much time CIC will take to make decision about my file ? DO you think getting CAQ is easier than visa ?

My profile

Bachelor in Computer Application ( 62% - 8 backlogs )
Master in Information Technology ( 76% - No Backlog )
IELTS : 6.5 Bands ( not less than 6.0 in any module )

How much are chance of getting approved to issue CAQ ? I already have one rejection in Sep,2013 for this reason your proposed program is not relevent in the light of past studies. Now I will be applying for Master program which is relevant

Josh21

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
Keep in mind that CIC can still refuse you if they have believe you are a potential immigrant or pose a risk of overstaying since that's a federal problem.

Since you are applying several times in different provinces, they may suspect this. Quebec has no control over such decisions.

You are almost surely guaranteed a CAQ if you apply to a legitimate institution in Quebec.

ramseriv

Star Member
Mar 20, 2021
  • I'm devastated, studying in Quebec is way too expensive, and they just have strengthen the requirements. I mean, they now ask for the finances of the whole time of your stay. It is almost impossible!!! whereas The Government of Canada just concerns about the first year of your finances overall....

• This Financial capacity requirement in order to receive the CAQ worries me:
    • Have the financial capacity to cover:
      • Tuition fees
      • Living expenses for the duration of your stay
  • They included the information that it must satisfy the whole completion of your studies, if it for two years:

For one person age 18 or older
    $13,134x2

+ tuition fees for the two years of studies

• I did really wanted to pursue my engineering degree in the Politechnique de Quebec, but I really do not possess the budget for those 2 years of my Master + 2 living costs they require in order to give you the CAQ :/