+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is better for my husband, outland or inland sponsership?

youth123

Feb 11, 2018
Hello,

I'm very confused. I read conflicting opinions here and there and I don't know which one is the optimal choice for my husband to come to Canada. He's brazilian and I'm canadian.

He wants to come to Canada with an Inland sponsorship to get his PR so he can stay in Canada and work using a work permit. What I tell him is that he has a bachelors only so it will be hard for him to find a job as most require more education. I also tell him that the process for inland will take longer as they know we're together so they won't hurry it. Also, he will start school at the beginning of 2019 and it will be very expensive for him as an international student and I'm afraid he won't get his PR by then, so instead of paying $3000 per semester he will be paying $12000, and we don't have that kind of money.

I want him to come using the outland application, as it might be faster as a lot said, but then again, many more said that it takes just as mush as an inland application, but in this case, he won't be able to apply for a work permit and stay longer in Canada with me. His visitor visa is only for 6 months a year, so if the outland sponsership was given to us after that, we will have to seperate again.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Inland and outland will take a similar amount of time which will be about year. If you apply outland you can apply to extend his visitor visa and you should specify that you are applying for spousal sponsorship. He won't be able to work of course with the outland application though.

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Also, he will start school at the beginning of 2019 and it will be very expensive for him as an international student and I'm afraid he won't get his PR by then, so instead of paying $3000 per semester he will be paying $12000, and we don't have that kind of money.
If he is going to school in Ontario, depending on which school, he may be able to get domestic tuition rates simply after getting approval in principal. Do you already know which school he is interested in attending?

youth123

Feb 11, 2018
If he is going to school in Ontario, depending on which school, he may be able to get domestic tuition rates simply after getting approval in principal. Do you already know which school he is interested in attending?
He'll apply to Toronto university for a Masters degree. Do you think it would take almost the same time for Outalnd or Inland sponsership since he's from Brazil. As many people on this site stated, poorer countries take longer when processing Outland applications.

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
He'll apply to Toronto university for a Masters degree. Do you think it would take almost the same time for Outalnd or Inland sponsership since he's from Brazil. As many people on this site stated, poorer countries take longer when processing Outland applications.
There is no longer much variation between countries when it comes to outland processing nowadays, and most cases were decided within 12 months. And like somebody stated here in this thread, outland and inland take roughly the same amount of time as well (about 12 months). With inland, once you receive approval in principle, you can claim domestic tuition for a lot of Ontario universities, so after only a couple of months here, once he gets his approval in principle, he can normally convert to domestic rates.