+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What if you get job offer with no experince

ssanndy

Star Member
Aug 21, 2008
What if you recieve an employment in canada but has no work experience for the postion (just certification) ...can you apply for PNP or skilled worker? Or do you have to get the experience even though you have a job offer?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think BCguy already answered this that you would be ok without experience in BC. In Alberta, I know at least one of the skilled worker guys that we have from overseas has just completed his apprenticeship but he was still approved for a work permit as a skilled worker. They might write on the website that they want experience but if you have an employer who wants to hire you, I think they will not stop it.

ssanndy

Star Member
Aug 21, 2008
Leon said:
I think BCguy already answered this that you would be ok without experience in BC. In Alberta, I know at least one of the skilled worker guys that we have from overseas has just completed his apprenticeship but he was still approved for a work permit as a skilled worker. They might write on the website that they want experience but if you have an employer who wants to hire you, I think they will not stop it.
Thank you. So we will still send the application but by the time of the interview i will gain more experience. DO you have to get the job before applying or can you get it during the application?

Also addressing BCGuy comment on being ok without experience in BC. Future search says yes they can but it would be a temporary work visa and its gonna take 3 yrs to apply for PR. We are interested in getting the PR at the same time. They also say that the applicant of temporary visa cant take their family with them until they gain PR.

So thats why we're looking at the skill worker programme but i lack the 1 yr experience required

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have to have a job offer first, http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrate/skilledworkersteps.html