+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What if urgent processing request gets declined?

Jnad

Nov 29, 2017
Hello all,

I am applying for citizenship soon and I am going to apply to an "urgent processing" request as well. This is because I have some personal reasons may eligible me to apply for an urgent processing.

My question for you is not able my eligibility, my question is about what if my request for urgent processing gets declined. What would happen in this case? Do they return my application and have to re-apply and re-pay the fees? or they would just process it as any other application (regular processing)? Please advise. Thank you very much.

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
As per CIC's instructions:
We can only process citizenship applications urgently in special cases. We check every urgent request to see if it meets the conditions for urgent processing. If your application doesn’t meet the conditions, we will process it normally.

Good Luck!

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hello all,

I am applying for citizenship soon and I am going to apply to an "urgent processing" request as well. This is because I have some personal reasons may eligible me to apply for an urgent processing.

My question for you is not able my eligibility, my question is about what if my request for urgent processing gets declined. What would happen in this case? Do they return my application and have to re-apply and re-pay the fees? or they would just process it as any other application (regular processing)? Please advise. Thank you very much.
No, it won't be returned. It will be put at the back of the queue and processed normally. May result in some delays.

Last edited:

Jnad

Nov 29, 2017
As per CIC's instructions:
We can only process citizenship applications urgently in special cases. We check every urgent request to see if it meets the conditions for urgent processing. If your application doesn’t meet the conditions, we will process it normally.

Good Luck!
Thank you for replying.

Jnad

Nov 29, 2017
I asked for the urgency and it was declined.

It didn't delay my process.

Go ahead and try. I wish they accept your urgency :)

Thank you for replying. May I ask what was the reason for your request at that? Is it for a job offer or something else?

cfbarroso

Jun 19, 2017
Gatineau, QC
Thank you for replying. May I ask what was the reason for your request at that? Is it for a job offer or something else?
I returned to the college. I'm changing my career.

I asked them urgency because I already knew that at least 40% of the coop opportunities where for Canadian citizens.

But I hadn't nothing to show and to prove it to them. That's why they refused.

If you have a real opportunity, they will accept your request.

vitoriaboy

Aug 26, 2017
Hello all,

I hope you get the urgent processing. Do you mind sharing what are your reasons for urgency? It will be of great help to many on this forum who are in similar situation. Thanks

vitoriaboy

Aug 26, 2017
I returned to the college. I'm changing my career.

I asked them urgency because I already knew that at least 40% of the coop opportunities where for Canadian citizens.

But I hadn't nothing to show and to prove it to them. That's why they refused.

If you have a real opportunity, they will accept your request.
How do you know that they denied your urgency? Did they send you a letter declining the urgency?