+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What if status changes to married after ITA?

Niloofargandomkar

Star Member
Jul 6, 2019
No one can give you the exact timeline, it is so unpredictable depending on your spouse age and history. One more factor is how quick your office is in processing the marriage cases.
I have sent them the following documents via email and then raised a CSE:
1- Updated proof of funds (POF)
2- Receipt for Payment of Processing Fee and Right of Permanent Residence.
3- 3.1- Generic Application Form
3.2- Additional Dependents imm0008depenu
3.3- Schedule A Background Declaration form IMM5669
3.4- Additional Family Information form for Principal Applicant IMM5406e
3.5- Additional Family Information form for Spouse IMM5406e
3.6- Supplementary Information for Travels IMM5562e
4. Spouse passport copy.
5- Spouse Upfront Medical information sheet.
6- Spouse Police Certificates for each country she lived in for more than 6 months after 18.
7- Marriage Certificate (Original and Translation)
8- Proof of relationship (all details about marriage including photographs)
9. Spouse Digital Photo

Best of Luck

Thanks for your kind reply.

I have one more question.

Do you know how can I inform a new information to them??
For example the website of my job has changed and I do not know how to inform them about this issue.
To whom I should send email? From whom I should follow up this matters???

mhkash

Nov 11, 2017
Hi,
I have applied through express entry (inland). On June 7, I contacted CIC through IRCC web form, stated change in my material status, and included the marriage certificate. A week after, I received a general email saying that a person who wants to add his/her spouse should submit the following documents:
On July 2, I received another email saying that "Please be advised we have received your Marriage Certificate. You will be notified in due course if/when other documents are required.Your application is currently in queue awaiting review of an officer.".

On July 12, I submitted all the requested documents through IRCC web form, and then received the confirmation that these documents are received.

However, no email regarding creating UCI for her is sent to me. AM I on the right track? Thanks in advance for any response or guidanceece, truly appreciated,Hi,
I have applied through express entry (inland). On June 7, I contacted CIC through IRCC web form, stated change in my material status, and included the marriage certificate. A week after, I received a general email saying that a person who wants to add his/her spouse should submit the following documents:
On July 2, I received another email saying that "Please be advised we have received your Marriage Certificate. You will be notified in due course if/when other documents are required.Your application is currently in queue awaiting review of an officer.".

On July 12, I submitted all the requested documents through IRCC web form, and then received the confirmation that these documents are received.

However, no email regarding creating UCI for her is sent to me. AM I on the right track? Thanks in advance for any response or guidance, truly appreciated,

Please find answers inline

farinka

May 25, 2018
Hi
I am about to get married soon and I have learnt a lot from this thread! Although, I have a new question, does CIC require biometrics for the spouse? I’m asking since unfortunately there are no VFS centers in my country and it could be a big headache for us to travel now.

ruchikathakur16

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Hello guys, I am new to this forum. I have a different set of conerns wrt my application now. I got married after I received my COPR and informed CIC through mail and even raised web form but haven't heard anything from them until today. According to my COPR I had to land before 7th Oct 2019. And I landed today with my same old COPR. And at the Canada immigration office in Toronto airport, I informed the officer about change in my status. Now my passport has been cease and they have given me a date on which I will have to visit them again to check with new decision which has been made on my application.
I had no clue that I couldn't travel with my old COPR and moreover my spouse had no plans to accompany me anytime soon. So I have decided to go about with my old COPR and now have no clue what's next.
Anyone has any information related to such situation please do share. What would be CICs decision on this?

vorador

Star Member
Aug 25, 2018
Hello guys, I am new to this forum. I have a different set of conerns wrt my application now. I got married after I received my COPR and informed CIC through mail and even raised web form but haven't heard anything from them until today. According to my COPR I had to land before 7th Oct 2019. And I landed today with my same old COPR. And at the Canada immigration office in Toronto airport, I informed the officer about change in my status. Now my passport has been cease and they have given me a date on which I will have to visit them again to check with new decision which has been made on my application.
I had no clue that I couldn't travel with my old COPR and moreover my spouse had no plans to accompany me anytime soon. So I have decided to go about with my old COPR and now have no clue what's next.
Anyone has any information related to such situation please do share. What would be CICs decision on this?
I dont think anyone can tell you what the IRCC decision would be. However, I dont think you have anything to worry about since you have informed them through email and webform. Just give them the email and the ticket number.

Just out of curiousity would you please share the COPR date, marriage date, and landing date.

ruchikathakur16

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
I dont think anyone can tell you what the IRCC decision would be. However, I dont think you have anything to worry about since you have informed them through email and webform. Just give them the email and the ticket number.

Just out of curiousity would you please share the COPR date, marriage date, and landing date.
PPR - 9th Aug
COPR - 26th Aug
Marriage - 7th Sept
Web form raised - around 10th Sept
2 Emails sent - 27th and 28th Sept

vorador

Star Member
Aug 25, 2018
PPR - 9th Aug
COPR - 26th Aug
Marriage - 7th Sept
Web form raised - around 10th Sept
2 Emails sent - 27th and 28th Sept
They had to ask you to redo medical and/or renew your passport to give you a longer COPR expiry date. 40 days for landing is s very short notice!
I dont think you are at risk of being in a problem at all, I just think you have to patient and you will get it solved easy.
Good luck

Reactions: ruchikathakur16

ruchikathakur16

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
They had to ask you to redo medical and/or renew your passport to give you a longer COPR expiry date. 40 days for landing is s very short notice!
I dont think you are at risk of being in a problem at all, I just think you have to patient and you will get it solved easy.
Good luck
Thanks for your kind words.. Even I am hoping to get this thing clear ASAP.

ruchikathakur16

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Hello guys, a new update on my case. I have met the immigration officer on 15th Oct and found out that he had no updates on file from ircc. So he has asked me to come back on 6th Nov. Now I am thinking of flying back to India and complete all my process from there. Will ircc have any problem with this? As I have already landed and my application status says "my documents have expired". Anyone has any information on this, any ideas and suggestions are welcomed.

ruchikathakur16

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Hello guys, a new update on my case. have met the immigration officer on 15th Oct and found out that he had no updates on file from ircc. So he has asked me to come back on 6th Nov. Now I am thinking of flying back to India and complete all my process from there. Will ircc have any problem with this? As I have already landed and my application status says "my documents have expired". Anyone has any information on this, any ideas and suggestions are welcomed.

Reactions: Niloofargandomkar

deeps1987

Jun 2, 2018
Hello guys, a new update on my case. have met the immigration officer on 15th Oct and found out that he had no updates on file from ircc. So he has asked me to come back on 6th Nov. Now I am thinking of flying back to India and complete all my process from there. Will ircc have any problem with this? As I have already landed and my application status says "my documents have expired". Anyone has any information on this, any ideas and suggestions are welcomed.
You said your passport has been ceased. Did they return your COPR after signing? Before you return, make sure you getyour PR card. Else you would have to apply for PRTD to travel back to Canada.

Reactions: vorador

ruchikathakur16

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
You said your passport has been ceased. Did they return your COPR after signing? Before you return, make sure you getyour PR card. Else you would have to apply for PRTD to travel back to Canada.
No I haven't got my COPR nor my passport. But officer said he can book tickets for me and will allow me to go back to India. I haven't completed my documents yet to get PR as of now so I guess I am not eligible for PRTD as well

parasgopani94

Jul 9, 2019
I recently received my passport request so I sent the passport to Ottawa office. But due to my marriage, I had to update IRCC about my marriage and ask them about further procedure to be followed. I received mail from IRCC that I shall be receiving my passport with ready for visa letter and will have to return the documents. I received my passport back and the the IM-1 visa stamp had already been applied but was canceled. So, I immediately mailed IRCC on Feb 5 that the IM-1(one way visa) visa has been canceled and please guide me which documents are required and how are they to be submitted. My questions are as follows:
1. When should I expect a reply from IRCC about documents submission for my spouse?
2. How will IRCC ask me to submit the documents, via online portal on cic or via email?

Would appreciate a reply. Thanks