+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What if I am short by 25-30 days for my RO to renew My PR.

SaidaKhan

Apr 28, 2014
I have been in Canada since I’ve been a teen now I am 30. I lived mostly in Canada until 5 years ago. I am short 25-30 days to meet RO. I have to go back to the US before I can complete the 730 days. How strict is immigration on exactly 730 days? Can I be short about a month. My card expired 4 months ago. Do they count every day or can I get by with 30 days short. I’m going to have to go back to US to fulfill some obligations. I have already entered with an expired card via land border. Please help.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I have been in Canada since I’ve been a teen now I am 30. I lived mostly in Canada until 5 years ago. I am short 25-30 days to meet RO. I have to go back to the US before I can complete the 730 days. How strict is immigration on exactly 730 days? Can I be short about a month. My card expired 4 months ago. Do they count every day or can I get by with 30 days short. I’m going to have to go back to US to fulfill some obligations. I have already entered with an expired card via land border. Please help.
Well, they can be strict about it but it varies.

And if your card is expired and you try to enter through that, then you have a greater chance of getting written up by CBSA for a hearing on your PR retention. At least that is what I understand of the process.

In short i think an entry with an expired card might pose problems.

Besram

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019

We need more clarity on your situation:
  1. Are your currently in Canada?
  2. When you entered via the land border, were you questioned about your PR residency obligation compliance, or were you told that you are short? Did they give you a report?
  3. Are you planning on remaining in the US or do you want to return to Canada to live here?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
when it comes to PR card application, they are strict. So that is a good way how to loose your PR status
You have better chance returning on border crossing and be let in without being reported.