AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Med's Done....
02-05-2018
Passport Req..
23-07-2019
What Happens when you contact your MP?

_____________________________________________​

We submit our PR applications and keep hoping that our PPR emails would come to us very soon...But 1 month turns to 2... 2 months to 3... And before you know it some of us have reached 8 months, 12 months or 15. What do we do? We turn to our MP's office(At least for those inland). Hoping that something good will come out of contacting the MP's office and that finally our files would be processed faster(Or at least most of you hope so).

Unfortunately that is not how it works. I waited 15 months for my PPR and had multiple interactions with various MP's offices and I wanted to share the knowledge I gained via those interactions that I believe everyone should be aware of.

1. An MP's office has many duties of which one is to inquire IRCC about immigration application statuses for interested or current applicants.

2. When an applicant calls the MP's office your call is redirected to an agent in the office of the MP who is in charge of the immigration department within that MP's office. He or she is the point of contact between you and IRCC.

3. Once you reach the agent he/she takes down all your information and informs you that they will get back to you in "X" number of days either via email or a phone call.

4. After your call ends, the agent collects all the other calls from other applicants as well and combines the case files together before making a call to IRCC.

5. The location where the MP's office calls is of Hon' Ahmed Hussen, the Ministry of Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada's office. This is not to be confused with IRCC Case Processing Offices or Case Intake Offices.

6. In the office of the Hon' Ahmed Hussen, there is also and agent like the one from the MP's office who collects all the information from the various immigration agents from various MP's offices.

7. The agent in the ministries office once they get all those information's contacts the various CPC and CIO to know what is the status of your file.

8. One they have that, they either send an email or make a phone call to the immigration agent is your respective MP's office to pass on that information.

9. Once the MP's office gets the information from the Ministry they in turn pass that information down to you.

That is in reality the whole cycle of an inquiry made to an MP's office. As you can see it's not just a matter of them calling IRCC and getting an update. It is so much more than that. The MP's office never has the ability to talk to a visa officer directly.

I hope this information helps everyone here to understand how this process is handled and should help people with what they should expect in return.

Applicant >> MP's Office >> Ministries Office >> CIO/CPC >> Ministries Office >> MP's Office >> Applicant

Reactions: JssAmA and Tevert

Tevert

Jun 14, 2019
What Happens when you contact your MP?

We submit our PR applications and keep hoping that our PPR emails would come to us very soon...But 1 month turns to 2... 2 months to 3... And before you know it some of us have reached 8 months, 12 months or 15. What do we do? We turn to our MP's office(At least for those inland). Hoping that something good will come out of contacting the MP's office and that finally our files would be processed faster(Or at least most of you hope so).

Unfortunately that is not how it works. I waited 15 months for my PPR and had multiple interactions with various MP's offices and I wanted to share the knowledge I gained via those interactions that I believe everyone should be aware of.

1. An MP's office has many duties of which one is to inquire IRCC about immigration application statuses for interested or current applicants.

2. When an applicant calls the MP's office your call is redirected to an agent in the office of the MP who is in charge of the immigration department within that MP's office. He or she is the point of contact between you and IRCC.

3. Once you reach the agent he/she takes down all your information and informs you that they will get back to you in "X" number of days either via email or a phone call.

4. After your call ends, the agent collects all the other calls from other applicants as well and combines the case files together before making a call to IRCC.

5. The location where the MP's office calls is of Hon' Ahmed Hussen, the Ministry of Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada's office. This is not to be confused with IRCC Case Processing Offices or Case Intake Offices.

6. In the office of the Hon' Ahmed Hussen, there is also and agent like the one from the MP's office who collects all the information from the various immigration agents from various MP's offices.

7. The agent in the ministries office once they get all those information's contacts the various CPC and CIO to know what is the status of your file.

8. One they have that, they either send an email or make a phone call to the immigration agent is your respective MP's office to pass on that information.

9. Once the MP's office gets the information from the Ministry they in turn pass that information down to you.

That is in reality the whole cycle of an inquiry made to an MP's office. As you can see it's not just a matter of them calling IRCC and getting an update. It is so much more than that. The MP's office never has the ability to talk to a visa officer directly.

I hope this information helps everyone here to understand how this process is handled and should help people with what they should expect in return.

Applicant >> MP's Office >> Ministries Office >> CIO/CPC >> Ministries Office >> MP's Office >> Applicant
Thank you for taking out time to write this. Sheds more light on the process. So can we assume that the information passed on to us the applicants from the mp's office are accurate. The reason I ask is that I recently contacted an mp. Mr ralph and I was told dat my eligibility is recommended pass. So want to be sure. Thank you

joe141985

Nov 5, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-04-2018
Doc's Request.
RCMP
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Med's Done....
02-05-2018
Passport Req..
23-07-2019
Thank you for taking out time to write this. Sheds more light on the process. So can we assume that the information passed on to us the applicants from the mp's office are accurate. The reason I ask is that I recently contacted an mp. Mr ralph and I was told dat my eligibility is recommended pass. So want to be sure. Thank you
Yes...Mp's office would always pass you the correct information. They just relay to you what they hear from the ministries office.

Reactions: Tevert