Jan 9, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Cebu
App. Filed.......
19-07-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Hi, I just want to ask what happens if you withdraw your application for Open WP extension. My open work permit has expired last September 5, 2022 and I have applied for open WP extension which give me implied/maintained status.

If I withdraw my application in 2 weeks (let see in October 7), do I have implied/maintain status from the expiry date of my work permit until the withdrawal date of my application?

Also, I am currently working, is my work experience still valid for the same duration that I withdraw my application?

The reason that I am withdrawing my application is because of the changes of plans. I plan to join my wife on where she currently lives and just wait to get the invitation. I already have enough points for express entry.

Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, I just want to ask what happens if you withdraw your application for Open WP extension. My open work permit has expired last September 5, 2022 and I have applied for open WP extension which give me implied/maintained status.

If I withdraw my application in 2 weeks (let see in October 7), do I have implied/maintain status from the expiry date of my work permit until the withdrawal date of my application?

Also, I am currently working, is my work experience still valid for the same duration that I withdraw my application?

The reason that I am withdrawing my application is because of the changes of plans. I plan to join my wife on where she currently lives and just wait to get the invitation. I already have enough points for express entry.

Thank you
If you withdraw the extension, then you will have implied / maintain status until the withdrawal date.

However it's possible IRCC may only allow you to count the work experience until the date your work permit expired since you have withdraw your extension. It's hard to say on this. So make sure you don't need the work experience after September 5th to qualify or get the points you need under EE.

Reactions: jhunix

jhunix

Star Member
Jan 9, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Cebu
App. Filed.......
19-07-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
If you withdraw the extension, then you will have implied / maintain status until the withdrawal date.

However it's possible IRCC may only allow you to count the work experience until the date your work permit expired since you have withdraw your extension. It's hard to say on this. So make sure you don't need the work experience after September 5th to qualify or get the points you need under EE.

Hi @scylla , thank you so much for your valuable response. I don't need the experience though as I have enough work experience. My only concern right now is what if I get ITA while under maintained status? Can I accept it or I should wait for my work extension permit to be approved before I could accept any ITA.