May 13, 2015
Hi there
My IELTS score is
listening : 7.5
reading 7.0
writing : 5.5
speaking : 7.5
overall 7.0

I will be applying for CEC in march under NOC A. the requirement for CEC For NOC is:

NOC CLB Level Test results for each ability
Listening Reading Writing Speaking
0, A 7 6.0 6.0 6.0 6.0

so i have 5.5 in writing but rest are above the requirement and overall is 7 too. can i apply for CEC with these IELTS score? Any help would be appreciated

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
No, you can't. If the requirement is 6.0, 6.0, 6.0 and 6.0 then you're not eligible and therefore
can't apply. Re-do your test.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your application is going to be automatically refused. You must retake IELTS and get a minimum of 6 in each category before you can apply.

mrFoce

Star Member
Oct 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2012
AOR Received.
18-01-2013
Med's Request
03-11-2013
Med's Done....
07-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2013
LANDED..........
04-01-2014
scylla said:
Your application is going to be automatically refused. You must retake IELTS and get a minimum of 6 in each category before you can apply.
This ^,

And if you're unfortunate enough to make it through the initial phase and get AOR, you would still be rejected.

Outcome is the same, only since you got AOR you lose your processing fee ;)

This questions has been posted many times, there is a search function you can use :-X

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
rajeevsharma said:
Hi there
My IELTS score is
reading 7.0
overall 7.0

I will be applying for CEC in march under NOC A. the requirement for CEC For NOC is:

0, A 7 6.0 6.0 6.0 6.0

so i have 5.5 in writing but rest are above the requirement and overall is 7 too. can i apply for CEC with these IELTS score? Any help would be appreciated
Hahahaha I got almost the same case as this one: S:8.5, R:8.0, L:7.5 and 6.... in writing.... barely made it....

I must say that this points to the fact that you didn't prepare properly for the exam. Many of us who are English proficient (I have FCE and CAD both with A, TOEFL IBT with 118) just do a try on a sample exam, it seems easy and then go for it. Writing is a special case, you can't trust your previous knowledge as its marking has its own set of rules. If you don't write what the exam is asking for in the way the marker expects it your score drops dramatically (regardless showing proficiency).

Prepare better focusing on writing. Once you know the rules on how and what to write then you will score very high in your exam. Trust me IELTS says my written English is barely enough regardless of having written a thesis, a paper and several other publications.

Priority

Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
05-11-2013
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
5-Feb-2014
Passport Req..
2-Apr-2014
VISA ISSUED...
4-Apr-2014
rajeevsharma said:
Hi there
My IELTS score is
reading 7.0
overall 7.0

0, A 7 6.0 6.0 6.0 6.0

Your application will be rejected if you apply with these scores. I'm speaking from experience.
Below is an extract of the rejection letter I received for my May 2013 application. I re-applied in September after retaking the exam.
I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the Canadian Experience Class and have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

According to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, applicants in the Canadian Experience Class are assessed on the basis of the pass/fail requirements set out in subsection R87.1(2). The assessment of these criteria determines whether you will be able to become economically established in Canada. All applicants must have:

- Maintained temporary resident status during their qualifying period of work experience, and provide documentation to establish they had legal temporary status in Canada,
- Acquired at least 12 months of full-time (or the equivalent in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada in occupations that fall under Skill Type O, or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification (NOC),
- Obtained the required work experience within the 36 months preceding the date their application is received,
- The required level of English or French language proficiency (speaking, reading, listening, and writing) for their occupational skill level,
- Not engaged in work in Canada without authorization
- Not remained in Canada after the time authorized to do so has expired, and
- Not been found inadmissible to Canada on grounds such as health or security

The CELPIP test scores required to meet Canadian benchmark of 7 are as follows: 4L for Speaking, 4L for Listening, 4L for Reading, and 4L for Writing. Your CELPIP test results indicate you scored 3H for Speaking. Therefore, your language test results do not meet the required language proficiency for skill level A.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document may be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act (including requirements of the Regulations made under the Act).

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

The Right of Permanent Residence Fee that you have paid is refundable.
You will receive a refund of this fee from CIC within a few weeks.

Thank you for your interest in Canada.

desi2012

Star Member
Oct 27, 2012
Priority said:
Your application will be rejected if you apply with these scores. I'm speaking from experience.
Sorry to hear that, how long was it before they send you this communication about rejection?
I have a friend who is in the same boat(even worse scores) as you, who has applied with high hopes after he called the call center and was advised to go ahead with the application. It is only a matter of time before he gets the rejection letter.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Guys, just to repeat it one more time.

The CEC is a pass/fail system. If you don't meet ALL, let me repeat that, I mean ALL
requirements, as mentioned on the CIC website, your application will be refused/rejected.
There's no ifs and buts, you don't meet the requirements - REFUSAL/REJECTION.

It's that easy. So before you apply, make sure you meet all the requirements and you are eligible under CEC.

dixith

Star Member
Dec 13, 2013
hi
first time i gave ielts and i scored
lis--5.5
spe--6
writing-6.5
reading-5.5

second time i gave ielts and i scored band
lis--6.5
spe--5.5
writing-6.5
reading-6.0

for CEC class i need minimum of 6 in all four sections
when i keep these ielts results together i can meet minimum level. so can i keep two test results in my documentation or else i need to write ielts again until i get band 6 in all four section at one time.

can multiple ielts results can be accepted or not..

please help me guys as i am running out of time

mrFoce

Star Member
Oct 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2012
AOR Received.
18-01-2013
Med's Request
03-11-2013
Med's Done....
07-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2013
LANDED..........
04-01-2014
byrwus said:
posting such questions is a joke and disrespect to others.

for your information:
- a year is 52 weeks and 51 is less than 52.
- 5.5 is less than 6.
I actually agree with this person. We are supposed to help out each other, but we don't get paid. So sorry if we get annoyed by questions that get asked everyday by people who are too cheap to find a consultant or lawyer, but still expect long detailed answers and fast! Do some research by yourself and if you are unable to do so, why don't you just talk to a lawyer or consultant.