+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What happens if passport renewed during the visa processing

canadawp.india

Sep 7, 2020
Hi,

I'm from India and I have applied for ICT closed work permit in Feb, 2020. Due to pandemic the process is still in progress. last update is I have received correspondence letter in July. My passport has now validity of 1 year

My queries are
1. Is it true that visa validity will be max validity of passport?
2. what happens to visa process if I renew my passport before I receive visa stamping request. Do I need to fill any forms stating my passport is renewed?
3. what happens to visa process if I renew my passport after I receive visa stamping request. Do I need to fill any forms stating my passport is renewed? And what will be max no of days I can hold visa stamping, so I can renew my passport and get full visa validity

Thanks

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Yes, a visa will never be issued for longer than your passport. If you renew it before you get your passport request, send a webform with your new passport details.

Reactions: canadawp.india

canadawp.india

Sep 7, 2020
Thank you for the answers. what happens if I renew passport after I receive the passport request? Can I do this? because Indian passport cannot be renewed if it has more than 1 year validity i have few more weeks left to be able to renew

Sundar2019

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Yes, a visa will never be issued for longer than your passport. If you renew it before you get your passport request, send a webform with your new passport details.
Don't they decide VISA duration after they receive the passport? i.e based on the current validity of your passport?