+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What happens if I mailed CIC the envelope with wrong size?!!!

hpjack

Star Member
Jul 1, 2013
In my PPR I was asked to enclose a prepaid xpresspost envelope with size 24cm*32cm so that they can send my passport back with it. but I accidently purchased the smaller size (26cm*16cm), what a silly mistake.

Anybody know what will happen if I send the wrong envelope? will they use it or will they just send my passport back with regular mail?

thanks

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
It seems like an odd size if they are just sending a passport - I guess they send you A4 papers that they don't want to bend.

You *COULD* send them another prepaid envelope now with all of the same details again. When did you send it?

hpjack

Star Member
Jul 1, 2013
kryt0n said:
It seems like an odd size if they are just sending a passport - I guess they send you A4 papers that they don't want to bend.

You *COULD* send them another prepaid envelope now with all of the same details again. When did you send it?
It was sent two weeks ago, and MyCIC shows my case is approved and closed. But I have not received my passport yet and the tracking number of the enclosed envelope has not yet been activated...

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
I wouldn't panic yet. You could send them another if you are really worried (good job on the tracking so you know whats happening).

If you send them another it will get to them in a couple of days, then they have no excuse not to send it to you :p

Sinhashish

Mar 5, 2018
In my PPR I was asked to enclose a prepaid xpresspost envelope with size 24cm*32cm so that they can send my passport back with it. but I accidently purchased the smaller size (26cm*16cm), what a silly mistake.

Anybody know what will happen if I send the wrong envelope? will they use it or will they just send my passport back with regular mail?

thanks
Hi there .. I am in similar situation .. what happened to your case ? Did you have to send another envelope ? Or they returned passport back in the same 26x16 ?