+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What happens if I get married after getting my AOR and biometrics done.

UsInCanada

Dec 21, 2020
Hi All,
I had received my ITA and also submitted required documents in November.. Post that I have received, Acknowledgment Of Receipt and have taken appointment for biometrics in January.
I am planning to get married in FEB/March ,Can some expert please guide me , will my CRS score get recalculated at this point if I add my spouse to my express entry profile after getting my biometrics done?
Also what will be the process to add my spouse to my express entry profile, Is it required for my spouse to take IELTS and get academics evaluated (WES)?
Also how much could be the delay for the process if my CRS are not re-calculated?
What all documents will I have to submit for my spouse?

Tons of thanks in advance for the expert advise :)

ankitagoyal

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Vancouver
Hi All,
I had received my ITA and also submitted required documents in November.. Post that I have received, Acknowledgment Of Receipt and have taken appointment for biometrics in January.
I am planning to get married in FEB/March ,Can some expert please guide me , will my CRS score get recalculated at this point if I add my spouse to my express entry profile after getting my biometrics done?
Also what will be the process to add my spouse to my express entry profile, Is it required for my spouse to take IELTS and get academics evaluated (WES)?
Also how much could be the delay for the process if my CRS are not re-calculated?

You need to inform cic via webform query asking to add your spouse to your application. You need to submit the following documents.

• A new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) 32 with supporting documents,
  • (If applicable) A Schedule A - Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) 18 form,
  • (If applicable) An Additional Dependants/Declaration (IMM 0008DEP) form,
  • A copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship,
  • A copy of the family member’s valid passport,
  • Police certificates for all countries where the family member over the age of 18 has lived for more than 6 months since turning 18,
  • Medical
  • A letter of explanation, and
  • If applicable, the proof of payment.

ankitagoyal

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Vancouver
Hi All,

To assess an application under section A11.2, a processing office must consider the information in an applicant’s profile at the time of the round of invitations and the information provided when the applicant submits their e-APR. After an e-APR is submitted, an application cannot be refused due to a change in circumstance unless
  • the officer determines that the change occurred before the applicant submitted their e-APR and that the change would have caused the applicant to be refused under section A11.2: therefore, the application should be refused under section A11.2; or
  • the change in circumstance means the applicant no longer meets the minimum requirements of the program to which they are applying; therefore, the application may still meet the requirements of section A11.2 but can be refused for failing to meet program requirements.
For example, if an applicant marries before they submit their e-APR but informs IRCC of the marriage only after they submit their e-APR, the marriage can be taken into account as part of the section A11.2 assessment.
If, however, an applicant marries after they submit their e-APR, then informs IRCC of the marriage, the marriage cannot be taken into account as part of the section A11.2 assessment. However, the change in circumstance may affect whether the applicant still meets the program requirements. See below for details.

Reactions: UsInCanada

UsInCanada

Dec 21, 2020
To assess an application under section A11.2, a processing office must consider the information in an applicant’s profile at the time of the round of invitations and the information provided when the applicant submits their e-APR. After an e-APR is submitted, an application cannot be refused due to a change in circumstance unless
  • the officer determines that the change occurred before the applicant submitted their e-APR and that the change would have caused the applicant to be refused under section A11.2: therefore, the application should be refused under section A11.2; or
  • the change in circumstance means the applicant no longer meets the minimum requirements of the program to which they are applying; therefore, the application may still meet the requirements of section A11.2 but can be refused for failing to meet program requirements.
For example, if an applicant marries before they submit their e-APR but informs IRCC of the marriage only after they submit their e-APR, the marriage can be taken into account as part of the section A11.2 assessment.
If, however, an applicant marries after they submit their e-APR, then informs IRCC of the marriage, the marriage cannot be taken into account as part of the section A11.2 assessment. However, the change in circumstance may affect whether the applicant still meets the program requirements. See below for details.
Hi @ankitagoyal ,
Thanks for your valuable reply, It will be very helpful for me.
Just one query, how much time would it add in to the processing for file to get CoPR for me and my spouse.
Also I hope that marriage after I complete my biometrics won't result in refusal of my profile or recalculation of my CRS score(pls correct me if I am wrong)

slashmaybe

May 20, 2019
You need to inform cic via webform query asking to add your spouse to your application. You need to submit the following documents.

• A new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) 32 with supporting documents,
  • (If applicable) A Schedule A - Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) 18 form,
  • (If applicable) An Additional Dependants/Declaration (IMM 0008DEP) form,
  • A copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship,
  • A copy of the family member’s valid passport,
  • Police certificates for all countries where the family member over the age of 18 has lived for more than 6 months since turning 18,
  • Medical
  • A letter of explanation, and
  • If applicable, the proof of payment.
What if the person I am marrying is already in Canada on PR? Whereas my PR application is still under review when I get married to this person..

ankitagoyal

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Vancouver
Hi @ankitagoyal ,
Thanks for your valuable reply, It will be very helpful for me.
Just one query, how much time would it add in to the processing for file to get CoPR for me and my spouse.
Also I hope that marriage after I complete my biometrics won't result in refusal of my profile or recalculation of my CRS score(pls correct me if I am wrong)
It might add a few months once you add your spouse to your application. If an applicant marries after they submit their e-APR, then informs IRCC of the marriage, the marriage cannot be taken into account as part of the section A11.2 assessment. However, the change in circumstance may affect whether the applicant still meets the program requirements.

waqarrr

Jul 27, 2020
Hi Respectable members,

I have applied under CEC class for E.E.
I want to inquire regarding adding a spouse after submitting my E-APR. Will my points be re-calculated based on the following timeline.

-Applied for E-APR = 9th Oct
-AOR received = 10th Oct
Addtional doc requested = 20th Nov
-Cse form raised to add a spouse 30th Nov
-Addtional doc in review = 14 Dec
-Medical cleared = 15 Dec
-Response received to provide required
documents for spouse = 18 Dec

No timeline is given for submission of documents.Secondly I am in process of gathering the docs.

I will appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance.

waqarrr

Jul 27, 2020
Hi Respectable members,

I want to inquire regarding adding a spouse after submitting my E-APR. Will my points be re-calculated based on the following timeline.

-AOR received = 10th Oct

No timeline is given for submission of documents.Secondly I am in process of gathering the docs.

Thanks in advance.
Just to give a clear picture. My score was 464 and the cut off for that ITA was 454.

ankitagoyal

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Vancouver
Hi Respectable members,

-AOR received = 10th Oct

Thanks in advance.
No the points will not be recalculated

the officer determines that the change occurred before the applicant submitted their e-APR and that the change would have caused the applicant to be refused under section A11.2: therefore, the application should be refused under section A11.2; or
the change in circumstance means the applicant no longer meets the minimum requirements of the program to which they are applying; therefore, the application may still meet the requirements of section A11.2 but can be refused for failing to meet program requirements.

If, however, an applicant marries after they submit their e-APR, then informs IRCC of the marriage, the marriage cannot be taken into account as part of the section A11.2 assessment. However, the change in circumstance may affect whether the applicant still meets the program requirements.

Reactions: waqarrr

waqarrr

Jul 27, 2020
No the points will not be recalculated

the officer determines that the change occurred before the applicant submitted their e-APR and that the change would have caused the applicant to be refused under section A11.2: therefore, the application should be refused under section A11.2; or
the change in circumstance means the applicant no longer meets the minimum requirements of the program to which they are applying; therefore, the application may still meet the requirements of section A11.2 but can be refused for failing to meet program requirements.

If, however, an applicant marries after they submit their e-APR, then informs IRCC of the marriage, the marriage cannot be taken into account as part of the section A11.2 assessment. However, the change in circumstance may affect whether the applicant still meets the program requirements.
Thanks a ton for the prompt response.