+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What happens for OHIP services rendered after 153 days not met

Vsn85

May 27, 2016
Hello,
I just received a letter from Eligibility Services Office regarding OHIP eligibility review. My situation is that I traveled outside Ontario to my home country before completing 153 days as I was not aware of this requirement. After coming back I used some OHIP services and submitted a claim for out of country expense reimbursement because my private insurer required a decline letter request from OHIP to reimburse that claim. I think this is what led to them sending me this letter. As I mentioned before I was not aware of this 153 days requirement and missed it only by 9 days. What happens now? Will they cancel my current OHIP and ask me to pay back for the all the OHIP services I received against that card? Are there any exceptions if the intention was not ill?
I have now completed around 120 days since I came back in Jan.
Please if someone board member can share their experience if they are aware of such situations.

Thanks,
Vij

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to come clean with OHIP. They may cancel your card and give you a new one once you reach 153 days. As you have already spent 120, you would have 33 days to go this time. You may have to pay back for the services you received. Since it was an honest mistake, they might not charge you with health care fraud.