+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What Happens BEFORE Initial Assessment ?

tanya321

Nov 16, 2008
Hi,

I have a pending FSW for about two years now. My question is:

Is it a normal procedure by the CIC to send a letter requesting for updated documents before making an Initial Assessment?

I mean, is it a MUST for CIC to send a letter requesting for updated documents BEFORE MAKING any the Initial Assessment (IA)?

In other words, should a letter requesting for updated documents ALWAYS COMES FIRST before the CIC makes its Initial Assessment (IA)?

Leon, BCguy, all knowledgeable people about the topic kindly reply.

-tanya321

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

tanya321 said:
Hi,

I have a pending FSW for about two years now. My question is:

Is it a normal procedure by the CIC to send a letter requesting for updated documents before making an Initial Assessment?

I mean, is it a MUST for CIC to send a letter requesting for updated documents BEFORE MAKING any the Initial Assessment (IA)?

In other words, should a letter requesting for updated documents ALWAYS COMES FIRST before the CIC makes its Initial Assessment (IA)?

Leon, BCguy, all knowledgeable people about the topic kindly reply.

-tanya321
No, as you have to qualify at the time of application.

PMM

tanya321

Nov 16, 2008
yeah i am qualified from the time of application.

but how come based on several forums and postings, CIC usually requests for updated documentss before Initial Assessment (IA) ?

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
There is probably a misconception of IA to some applicants/users. After the IA which is making sure you qualify, they will request the documents, otherwise there is no use to request docs when you doesn't qualify - An applicant can put whatever they want intheor application like 76 points in their assessments, its the IA process which determine if the applicant has at least 67 and then they request for documents to support those qualifying points.