+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what happens after submission

OldH1B

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Hi Experts,

This may be a noob question but I thought about asking it directly to the experts here.
7/28 I submitted my application for PR in EE CEC class. My CRS score was 470. I work in IT. I have been working full time for a consulting major for 18 months now. All letters etc were perfect.

My question is - now that the application is submitted, which is the first update that happens? Is it background check or clearing medicals or something else?

I checked with some of my friends who also entered the country under work permit and they applied the same way and they said after approx 2-3 months of application submission they directly got the request for submitting the passports.

Another question - I do have a TRV (Temporary resident visa) stamp on my passport which is technically my visa to enter Canada. I plan to visit my home country for 2 months on pat leave. If my application reaches the next stage (i) what stage could it be (ii) will there be any issues if I am in India?

Thanks,

faisalshaikhpro

Nov 7, 2016
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hi Experts,

This may be a noob question but I thought about asking it directly to the experts here.
7/28 I submitted my application for PR in EE CEC class. My CRS score was 470. I work in IT. I have been working full time for a consulting major for 18 months now. All letters etc were perfect.

My question is - now that the application is submitted, which is the first update that happens? Is it background check or clearing medicals or something else?

I checked with some of my friends who also entered the country under work permit and they applied the same way and they said after approx 2-3 months of application submission they directly got the request for submitting the passports.

Another question - I do have a TRV (Temporary resident visa) stamp on my passport which is technically my visa to enter Canada. I plan to visit my home country for 2 months on pat leave. If my application reaches the next stage (i) what stage could it be (ii) will there be any issues if I am in India?

Thanks,
Might this link will help you to find answer of your all question.

https://www.justforcanada.com/8-your-document-checklist-tips-and-advice.html

Reactions: OldH1B

r00hi

Sep 4, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vegreville-Ottawa-Sydney-Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2019
LANDED..........
20-09-2019
Hi Experts,

Thanks,
eligibility and medical are the first time.. even if your eligibility remains in review.. the medical passed/fail is reviewed then criminality then security.
if you friends got it in 2 to 3 months does not necessary mean you will get in the same time too since every file is different.
your traveling will not affect your application. even if you are in India, you will get your PPR in the e-mail. hope it helps.

Reactions: OldH1B

OldH1B

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Thanks, the above links surely help.
I submitted my application on 7/28
on 8/22 I cleared medicals.
I believe the next steps would be BG1 Check > BG2 Check > PPR?

Is this correct?

valycarrolito

Aug 29, 2019
Hi Experts,

I checked with some of my friends who also entered the country under work permit and they applied the same way and they said after approx 2-3 months of application submission they directly got the request for submitting the passports audacity temp mail origin.

Thanks,
the medical passed/fail is reviewed then criminality then security.
if you friends got it in 2 to 3 months does not necessary mean you will get in the same time too since every file is different.
your traveling will not affect your application. even if you are in India, you will get your PPR in the e-mail. hope it helps.

Last edited: