+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what happened to his Family of lose citizen or lose permanent Resident Status?

nima_tajfar

Feb 3, 2016
Leon said:
According to the link you posted earlier:

So let me explain.

1. means that you can not apply if you are currently in prison, paroled or on probation. It does not mean you can not apply if you were ever in prison or on probation.

3. means you are currently charged with, on trial or under appeal for committing an indictable offense. It does not mean that you can not apply if you were ever charged with, on trial or under appeal for committing an indictable offense.

10. means you can not apply for 4 years after having been convicted of an indictable offense in Canada. It does not mean that you can not apply if you were charged and cleared within the past 4 years, just if you were convicted and even if you were convicted, it does not mean that you can never apply, it just means you have to wait for at least 4 years since you were convicted.
@Leon

Thanks for explanation , now it's more clear to me and this make more sense , but one thing is still unclear to me , does this law might change in close future? Because in the content of link i posted earlier it says (If you applied for a grant or resumption before June 11, 2015, most of these prohibitions would apply to you) , so if you applied after June 11, 2015 , what prohibitions would apply to you ? , i mean what if , a Permanent Resident has been charged (indictable offence) before June 2015 , at that time according the law , he wouldn't have lose his PR status , and then if they define new law next year or in close future , it might affect him too (which shouldn't) i mean the new law shouldn't conflict with past law , it should always to be for future right? for example ,if they define new law for citizenship in 2017, it should only apply to those Permanent Resident who are landed after 2017 (who are aware of that law) ... isn't it?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When you apply for citizenship, you always apply according to the law that is in effect when you apply and not the law that was in effect when you landed as a PR.

It says that most of the prohibitions will be valid for people who applied before the new law took effect so that means all of them are for the people who apply later.

This citizenship prohibition list has really nothing to do with losing PR. That is a completely separate issue. If immigration wants to revoke your husbands PR and deport him due to his crime, he may be able to appeal it in order to avoid deportation. If unsuccessful, he will have to leave but if you stay in Canada and get your citizenship, some years must pass since his sentence and at some point, he may be able to ask for pardon and be considered rehabilitated at which time it may be possible for you to sponsor him again. Even if that is not possible, at least if you stay long enough to get citizenship for your children and then rejoin your husband in your homeland, at least your children will be able to return when they are grown.