+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What flight are you guys taking in light of recent events and a possible India flight ban by Canada?

marksthrow

Star Member
Apr 20, 2021
My booking was for May 3 through Etihad Airways (New Delhi to Abu Dhabi to Toronto) 19 hours or so total
They then suddenly changed my flight without asking me and I was forced to pay more money and book for the same flight on May 2.

Now I'm considering canceling Etihad altogether and going for a route through Frankfurt.

However, Self-Check In is required for these routes, which means I'll need to leave the visa-free transit area in Frankfurt to check-in my bags again and I'm really unsure about this grey area.

Can anyone share their insights?

HD1997

Mar 21, 2021
I would recommend taking a direct flight so either Air Canada or Air India. It's highly unpredictable right now and you don't want some third country you are connecting through to suddenly change policies and get stuck.

marksthrow

Star Member
Apr 20, 2021
I would recommend taking a direct flight so either Air Canada or Air India. It's highly unpredictable right now and you don't want some third country you are connecting through to suddenly change policies and get stuck.
Air India is fully booked until May 8th and even then it costs upwards of $2500 CAD
Air Canada is starting at $7000 on April 24th.

Too late for these direct flight options sadly.

imisstraveling

Feb 11, 2021
My booking was for May 3 through Etihad Airways (New Delhi to Abu Dhabi to Toronto) 19 hours or so total
They then suddenly changed my flight without asking me and I was forced to pay more money and book for the same flight on May 2.

Now I'm considering canceling Etihad altogether and going for a route through Frankfurt.

However, Self-Check In is required for these routes, which means I'll need to leave the visa-free transit area in Frankfurt to check-in my bags again and I'm really unsure about this grey area.

which booking site did you use? or direct from Etihad?

Catmom

May 28, 2020

Why do you wnt to Etihad and go thru complications to book again?

What's wrong in flying on May 2?

marksthrow

Star Member
Apr 20, 2021
which booking site did you use? or direct from Etihad?
Directly on Etihad.

Why do you wnt to Etihad and go thru complications to book again?

What's wrong in flying on May 2?
Seeing the current state of India's COVID situation and how major countries have banned all travel from/to India in the past 48 hours...I'm afraid Canada will do the same in the upcoming week.

I guess I'm trying to get out of here as fast as I can before the ban comes and ruins my plans.
As of now I'm sticking with Etihad on May 2 and hoping for the best.

janfly

Nov 30, 2020
Directly on Etihad.

Seeing the current state of India's COVID situation and how major countries have banned all travel from/to India in the past 48 hours...I'm afraid Canada will do the same in the upcoming week.

I guess I'm trying to get out of here as fast as I can before the ban comes and ruins my plans.
Hey check your GC key ... They put all the document as invalid to avoid people travelling from india starting mid of April. Some refused at the airport and few at the border. Please check now itself the validity.

Laguna55

Jul 19, 2020

If the airline reschedules your flight, you shouldn't have to pay the price difference. And if the new flight is 3hrs or more compared to the original flight, it should be a refund. Well that's Air Canada's policy as far as I know.

Catmom

May 28, 2020
Directly on Etihad.

I think Emirates hsa banned all the flights from India. Nto sure about Etihad though

Catmom

May 28, 2020
Hey check your GC key ... They put all the document as invalid to avoid people travelling from india starting mid of April. Some refused at the airport and few at the border. Please check now itself the validity.
What?

Catmom

May 28, 2020
"UAE bans entry from India for 10 days from April 25 to May 3. Emirates won’t fly passengers from India. Indians can arrive into UAE only if they have stayed in some other country for at least 14 days. "

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Not surprised at all, was the only one advocating against online learning and the importance of travelling early in this forum to avoid another wave.

AalekhT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Not surprised at all, was the only one advocating against online learning and the importance of travelling early in this forum to avoid another wave.
We all wanted to travel early but for some visa came late, for some, passport stamping was done late and for me i was tested covid positive before my flight. So as of now the situation is out of our control. Just pray that everyone can travel and reach their targeted destination.

Reactions: Ironclad

marksthrow

Star Member
Apr 20, 2021
If the airline reschedules your flight, you shouldn't have to pay the price difference. And if the new flight is 3hrs or more compared to the original flight, it should be a refund. Well that's Air Canada's policy as far as I know.
The new booking they gave me had a layover of 22 hours whereas the original booking had 3 hours. Abu Dhabi only allows 12 hours maximum, so I had to rebook it myself for a higher cost because they refused me on the phone. Scam artists.