+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What financial documents are required if I don't go for an education loan?

shahbaaz94

Mar 11, 2018
Hello,

I'm from India and I got accepted to Concordia University, MEng in Mechanical for Fall 2018, for which, my total 2 years expenses will be around 50-55k CAD.

As I won't take a loan, my consultant said that the following documents are enough to show financial proof for visa application:
GIC (around 10,000 CAD)
One year fees payment receipt (14000 CAD for Concordia University)
My parent's ITR (₹4.5 lakhs for 2018 and ₹4.5 lakhs for 2017)
But when I enquired about this from other applicants, some said that I'll have to show my parent's bank statements if the ITR is below ₹7 lakhs per annum. If ITR is more than ₹7 lakhs per annum, then there is no need to show bank statements.

Also, the above-mentioned points (GIC+Fee+ITR) are not adding up to my total expenses. It's only covering my one-year tuition and one-year living cost. Is that enough? Or should I cover my whole two years expenses?

The problem is, mine and my father's account balance is not stable. So I'm worried if I'll need to show bank statements, I'll be in trouble.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hello,

I'm from India and I got accepted to Concordia University, MEng in Mechanical for Fall 2018, for which, my total 2 years expenses will be around 50-55k CAD.

As I won't take a loan, my consultant said that the following documents are enough to show financial proof for visa application:
GIC (around 10,000 CAD)
But when I enquired about this from other applicants, some said that I'll have to show my parent's bank statements if the ITR is below ₹7 lakhs per annum. If ITR is more than ₹7 lakhs per annum, then there is no need to show bank statements.

Also, the above-mentioned points (GIC+Fee+ITR) are not adding up to my total expenses. It's only covering my one-year tuition and one-year living cost. Is that enough? Or should I cover my whole two years expenses?

The problem is, mine and my father's account balance is not stable. So I'm worried if I'll need to show bank statements, I'll be in trouble.
One year living expenses and paid tuition is fine but as suggested, you will have to show bank statements for financial proof stability. You can always apply without the bank statements. But the choice is yours.

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Hello,

GIC (around 10,000 CAD)

Are there any recent deposits (big amounts) to your or your father's acct?