+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What "Final Review" means? How long it will take?

sherry111

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
I applied from inland Canada under CEC stream.
AOR: July 29th, 2019
Medical: Aug 22nd

I've been calling CIC every week after passing the 6-month estimated date. Last Tuesday (Feb 18th) I received a ghost update. I called CIC, the lady said my application is under final review in queue. Eligibility and background have passed.
I'm wondering if anyone know how long it will take from final review to PPR? I've been waiting for 10 days, but no updates.
Another question, is it a possibility that I would be rejected at this stage?

I'm just super worried and eager to get it done ASAP.

Thanks in advance for all the response!

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
lol, how can you be rejected when your eligibility and background checks have been passed? :)

The final review is a just final verification of your application.

It should be fine, it shouldn't take more than a few more days more.

sherry111

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
lol, how can you be rejected when your eligibility and background checks have been passed? :)

The final review is a just final verification of your application.

It should be fine, it shouldn't take more than a few more days more.
It's been 10 days but no further updates... CIC drives me crazy! Especially when I knew others who applied later than me got PPRs faster...

Thank you for your comfort! I'll probably call them tomorrow again (the fifth time), lol.

sherry111

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
You'll most likely get a second GU and then you'll receive PPR within 24 hours later.

Don't worry. :)
I just called CIC, the agent said my VO is Edmonton. I applied from Ottawa and all my records are in Ottawa, no idea why my files is in Edmonton... I've heard that it's one of the slowest VO... so upset...:(

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
Files can be allocated to different local offices due to workload. It's perfectly normal
No point keep calling them. It's not going to magically speed things up and only adds to your own anxiety.
Chill, go on with your normal life, and you'll get it when you get it

Reactions: Noyan2020

sherry111

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Files can be allocated to different local offices due to workload. It's perfectly normal
No point keep calling them. It's not going to magically speed things up and only adds to your own anxiety.
Chill, go on with your normal life, and you'll get it when you get it
Thank you for the comfort! I'm tired of waiting and calling them every week... Also have some pressure from my family waiting for the results... You're absolutely right, I should relax and chill.
Finger crossed it will come soon!

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
ContactFront is right, there is no other way other than being patient and waiting for the answer.

You're close.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Thank you for the comfort! I'm tired of waiting and calling them every week... Also have some pressure from my family waiting for the results... You're absolutely right, I should relax and chill.
Finger crossed it will come soon!
Stop calling them lol it's useless and waste of time. When they finalize it you'll know

sherry111

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Finally got my Golden Email!! Thanks for everyone's kind help!
AOR July 29th
My VO is Edmonton and I was under final review for more than 2 weeks. Super desperately waiting for these days. Someone said Edmonton office seems to send PPR on 4th,5th,6th every month.

Wish a good luck on anyone who is still waiting! Don't lose patience and you'll get it!

Reactions: nextlevelife

nextlevelife

Star Member
Oct 2, 2019
Finally got my Golden Email!! Thanks for everyone's kind help!
AOR July 29th
My VO is Edmonton and I was under final review for more than 2 weeks. Super desperately waiting for these days. Someone said Edmonton office seems to send PPR on 4th,5th,6th every month.

Wish a good luck on anyone who is still waiting! Don't lose patience and you'll get it!
Congrats ... Even I’m in similar page , currently in final review (Ottawa).

Usman582

May 25, 2021
I applied from inland Canada under CEC stream.
AOR: July 29th, 2019
Medical: Aug 22nd

I've been calling CIC every week after passing the 6-month estimated date. Last Tuesday (Feb 18th) I received a ghost update. I called CIC, the lady said my application is under final review in queue. Eligibility and background have passed.
I'm wondering if anyone know how long it will take from final review to PPR? I've been waiting for 10 days, but no updates.
Another question, is it a possibility that I would be rejected at this stage?

I'm just super worried and eager to get it done ASAP.

Thanks in advance for all the response!
My final is in quie for final review last one month still I am waiting
I m going to crazy why they take too much time its already 26 months done I passed all background.