+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what exactly is "purpose of visit" refusal all about?

formalboygirl

Star Member
Jun 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-04-2011
hi, I m just curious to know about refusal reason behind " purpose of visit "

what does it cover?

The 'purpose of visit/ purpose of travel' talks about uploading itinerary, flight tickets etc.. so even after providing such stuffs what is the refusal all about?

or are they looking for a detailed letter where we are supposed to talk about our purpose of visiting canada, and stuffs like that?

i am for real confused, please share if you have idea about this?

Thank you.

Candy20

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Delhi
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
CIC New Delhi
2nd point they looking for detailed letter ......why you want to go canada.....what where when..

BTW PURPOSE OF VISIT just the heading.....sub categories of refusals depends case to case..

Thanks

formalboygirl

Star Member
Jun 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-04-2011
Candy20 said:
2nd point they looking for detailed letter ......why you want to go canada.....what where when..

BTW PURPOSE OF VISIT just the heading.....sub categories of refusals depends case to case..

Thanks
but my brother application was rejected only because of "purpose of visit" and nothing else ticked on the refusal letter,,, and we didn't include any letter there, just itinerary and flight ticket and hotel booking, let me know what you think,?

do you think that re applying again with a strong letter is a great thing to do? thanks

also do you think that not writing a purpose letter and talking about our plans is the real reason for rejection? what do you suggest? what's on your mind? how you take this refusal?

coz i have seen refusal coz of family ties, no money, but only because of purpose of visit is a kind of rare thing I am experiencing at this moment...

formalboygirl

Star Member
Jun 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-04-2011
Candy20 said:
how long u assumed to stay there.....???
2 weeks but in the form I said I am going to canada for tourism and another thing is My wife is pr. may be I need to put family visit in the form? something which I see like I did a mistake there, I mean when wife is already a pr, am I going to canada for tourism or visiting my wife? mistake or not?

Candy20

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Delhi
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
CIC New Delhi
previously Seems you r going for normal tourist..

now

its clear that you applied as a tourist and go for family visit...

same happen with your application...

Advise - apply again...clarify them ....AMEN

MARCHIE

Jan 8, 2011
Vancouver ....Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC LONDON UK-----Transferred to PVO 7Feb 2013
NOC Code......
3152 ( Registered Nurse )
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 May 2010
Doc's Request.
18 October 2010
Nomination.....
CHC London 15 Jan 2011...
AOR Received.
1st AOR 18 Oct 2010 / 2nd AOR 16 June 2011..
IELTS Request
All Done..
File Transfer...
PARIS OFFICE
Med's Request
13 March 2013
Med's Done....
10 April 2013
Interview........
Medicals Results Received 15 Aug 2013...
Passport Req..
29 Sep 2013 Submitted @ Abu Dhabi U.A.E
VISA ISSUED...
01 Oct 2013
LANDED..........
Celebrated White Christmas in Vancouver..2013.
hey candy...gr8 help

BrianDell

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 Oct 2014
AOR Received.
1 Jan 2015
File Transfer...
6 Jan 2015<br>IP 3 June 2015
Med's Done....
9 Jan 2015
Passport Req..
17 June 2015
VISA ISSUED...
1 Aug 2015 (delivered)
LANDED..........
11 Aug 2015 in Edmonton
formalboygirl said:
rejected only because of "purpose of visit" and... we didn't include any letter there, just itinerary...
You are looking at the reasons too narrowly. They don't map neatly on to individual document checklist requirements.

If the officer thinks that the applicant has a romantic interest in someone living in Canada, he or she will get routinely rejected for "purpose of visit" reasons (with other reasons added as well if applicable). It would typically be based less in that case on the explicitly stated purpose of visit than on what the officer thinks is the implied and real purpose of visit.

That's just an example. In the case at hand, the officer isn't interested in whether a hotel is booked per se, he or she is interested in why the applicant is coming to Canada in the first place. Just here to see the sights? That might be plausible if the applicant has already been to 10 other countries to see the sights. I don't know the particulars here but if someone's first trip out of Asia was to play tourist in Canada it'd be a little odd... Canada isn't at the top of most people's lists who aren't from the Americas or Europe. Not to say that there wouldn't be a good reason, but that would need to be clearly and convincingly explained.

Jul 30, 2019
Hello I need some help my passport has come back but with visa denied giving me 3 reasons, travel history, purpose of visit, assets and finance assurance

Angad Singh

Aug 17, 2019
Canada tourist visa refusal based on based on your immigration status and based on the purpose of your visit. I am in US on a Student Visa Since August 2015 for Undergrad.Can anybody suggest how to overcome this refusal and also my US expires in May 2020. I didn't submit any school documents other than my name of college, which I simply typed.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2019
Hi there for the Purpose of Visit what I did was just wrote a letter addressed to whoever you want to invite for a visit here in Canada. stating the reason why you would like to invite them, your plans of bringing them here like where you want to visit places in Canada.And also indicating where the visitors will stay etc. For my situation, I was able to convince the Visa officer without showing any flight tickets or hotel bookings as indicated in the Purposed of visit.
Hope it helps!