+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What exactly can be view as misinterpretation?

chippy

May 8, 2015
I'm new here, just wondering What exactly can be view as misinterpretation? As i may have left my office address as my residence address in the background form IMM5669. Would that jeopardize my application? The visa office suggest not to send in anything unless they ask for it. I dont know what i can do at this point..

mcbeth

Star Member
Aug 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow------>Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/02/14
Doc's Request.
23/02/15
File Transfer...
27/02/14
Med's Request
re-do requested 25/02/15
Med's Done....
28/02/15 re-do
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2015
LANDED..........
19-06-2015
That's a mistake, not misrepresentation. You'll have to wait until you get your UCI number and then you'll be able to correct the address with CIC.

A misrepresentation would be lying about something, withholding information, forging a document, etc...

chippy

May 8, 2015
mcbeth said:
That's a mistake, not misrepresentation. You'll have to wait until you get your UCI number and then you'll be able to correct the address with CIC.

A misrepresentation would be lying about something, withholding information, forging a document, etc...
I just hope they wont take me as withholding my residential address......

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
For misrepresentation, it has to be something that would affect your case. If you tell the truth about x, you won't get a visa; if you lie about it you will. So some things that are wrong will just be seen as mistakes, and won't lead to a charge of misrepresentation. They may delay things while the visa officer tries to figure out what's going on though.

Reactions: EunpaKim

chippy

May 8, 2015
canadianwoman said:
For misrepresentation, it has to be something that would affect your case. If you tell the truth about x, you won't get a visa; if you lie about it you will. So some things that are wrong will just be seen as mistakes, and won't lead to a charge of misrepresentation. They may delay things while the visa officer tries to figure out what's going on though.
Thank you very much for clarifying this. It's a relief to know.

iamlegendbyang

Jul 13, 2014
Ormoc City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 10 sent ; July 16 received at CIO
AOR Received.
Nov.1 dd encashed ; Nov.12 PER
IELTS Request
submitted w/ the documents
File Transfer...
March 5,2015
Med's Request
March 17,2015
Med's Done....
March 20, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Please help me...

This refers to your application for permanent residence under the Federal Skilled Worker Class.
Paragraph 40(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national is
inadmissible for misrepresentation for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts
relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Act.
Furthermore, paragraph 40(2)(a) of the Act applies if an applicant is determined to fall under the above
provision. It specifies that the foreign national continues to be inadmissible for misrepresentation for a
period of five years following, in the case of a determination outside Canada, a final determination of
inadmissibility under subsection (1).
You and your wife did not provide truthful, complete and correct information on your applications forms as
you did not declare the existence of your other children and previous relationships.
Your failure to disclose the existence of your children from previous relationships and your wife’s failure
to disclose her previous marriage even if it was legally dissolved, may be viewed as a direct
misrepresentation of a material fact relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the
administration of the Act.
Based on the above information, it appears that you may come within the inadmissible class of persons
described in the above section of the Act.
Before a final decision is made on your being inadmissible for misrepresentation, you may submit any
document or information to address this concern.
Any submission which you wish to provide should be sent to this office within 30 days from the date of
this letter. If no correspondence is received within the period specified, a decision will be made based on
the information available on your file.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Did you leave out the existence of your other children, your previous relationships, and your wife's previous marriage when you sent off your application?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
iamlegendbyang said:
Please help me...

This refers to your application for permanent residence under the Federal Skilled Worker Class.
Paragraph 40(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national is
inadmissible for misrepresentation for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts
relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Act.
Furthermore, paragraph 40(2)(a) of the Act applies if an applicant is determined to fall under the above
provision. It specifies that the foreign national continues to be inadmissible for misrepresentation for a
period of five years following, in the case of a determination outside Canada, a final determination of
You and your wife did not provide truthful, complete and correct information on your applications forms as
you did not declare the existence of your other children and previous relationships.
Your failure to disclose the existence of your children from previous relationships and your wife's failure
to disclose her previous marriage even if it was legally dissolved, may be viewed as a direct
misrepresentation of a material fact relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the
Based on the above information, it appears that you may come within the inadmissible class of persons
Before a final decision is made on your being inadmissible for misrepresentation, you may submit any
Any submission which you wish to provide should be sent to this office within 30 days from the date of
this letter. If no correspondence is received within the period specified, a decision will be made based on
If you did that which the Visa Officer claims, you have serious problems. Your only hope is to inform the Visa Office that there has been a mistake and that there were no omissions in your application.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
If you did omit including children and did not mention former relationships, this is misrepresentation. You should provide all the missing information as quickly as possible, and an explanation as to why it was not included the first time.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
In another post, they mentioned that it was an honest mistake, that they did not declare the children and previous marriage. How exactly do you make that mistake? The forms clearly ask you to list any children and previous spouses.
I'm always shocked that people come here and wonder why they are having problems because of their lies. It's like no one actually reads the forms they fill out or the paperwork they sign. I'll be the first to admit that I never read the "terms of agreement" for some applications and downloads, but if it's something important (like immigration), you can be damn sure that I'll read it all clearly.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
MilesAway said:
In another post, they mentioned that it was an honest mistake, that they did not declare the children and previous marriage. How exactly do you make that mistake? The forms clearly ask you to list any children and previous spouses.
I'm always shocked that people come here and wonder why they are having problems because of their lies. It's like no one actually reads the forms they fill out or the paperwork they sign. I'll be the first to admit that I never read the "terms of agreement" for some applications and downloads, but if it's something important (like immigration), you can be damn sure that I'll read it all clearly.
What other post? OP only has 3 posts, all in this thread. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/profiles/chippy-u558214.html;sa,showPosts

DanSlh

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015 AOR2............: 15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
MilesAway said:
+1

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
SchnookoLoly said:
What other post? OP only has 3 posts, all in this thread. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/profiles/chippy-u558214.html;sa,showPosts
Not the OP, the person (iamlegendbyang) who posted later with two misrepresentation problems in one application (didn't declare children and spouse did not declare previous marriage).

dimple25

Mar 30, 2015
iamlegendbyang said:
Please help me...

Your failure to disclose the existence of your children from previous relationships and your wife's failure
[

Hi.I just want to ask did you submit the passport already to the visa office before they sent this email to you.I just wondering.Thanks

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
MilesAway said:
Not the OP, the person (iamlegendbyang) who posted later with two misrepresentation problems in one application (didn't declare children and spouse did not declare previous marriage).
OMG I'm an idiot, right. I just scrolled up to see the original-original OP and didn't double-check the post... ACK THIS IS WHY YOU DON'T HIJACK THREADS!!! Blah!

Thanks again!