what dpcuments my wife needs to bring to UK

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,
i m getting married to my fiance who is a canadian national, she is coming down to the UK where we will get marry, i m a permanent resident(student) of UK but not a national, now i have few questions to ask and i will be very glad and thankful if some one answers,

1. what documents she needs to bring for me to apply for my visa?
2. what documents i need to provide to CHC here in london?
3. shall i request my medical and police clearance certificate before getting married or after?
4. do i need to get myself registered here in the UK that i m getting married? (if you are getting married to a UK national you have to do this and inform home office, i m not sure in my case that applies or not)
hope i will get replies from you guys, thanks

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
1. If you are going to be applying from the UK, she should look at the Citizenship and Immigration website and see what kinds of documents you will need to prove your relationship is genuine. She should bring these things with her to put in the application - they mention things like proof of contact - phone bills, emails, Skype logs, letters and cards you sent her with the envelopes to prove the date sent, receipts for gifts she bought you and photos of gifts you sent her, etc.; proof you visited each other or traveled together - passports, plane tickets and boarding passes, hotel and restaurant receipts; proof of support, like money transfer receipts.
Of course, if she is going home right after the wedding, she can keep this stuff in Canada and send the application from there. But then she will have to bring over similar documents that you have.
2. For the official documents you need, check the CIC website and the forms: www.cic.gc.ca
3. The sooner the better, usually.

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thank you very much for your quick reply canadianwoman! :) i will definitely look into it, yes we have skype logs, cards, gifts, oh btw we will be living together here in london after wedding and it will be a proper grand wedding involving at least 100 relatives from mine and her side,

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
If you're going to live together in London after the wedding, she will definitely have to bring all the supporting docs with her. The wedding sounds great - get lots of proof of it. Beside photos, send in an invitation, receipts for everything, a guest list, a list of the gifts received and who gave them. Also get proof you are living together, once you are.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

hsbalouch said:
thank you very much for your quick reply canadianwoman! :) i will definitely look into it, yes we have skype logs, cards, gifts, oh btw we will be living together here in london after wedding and it will be a proper grand wedding involving at least 100 relatives from mine and her side,
You better read this: http://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/community/bmd/marriages/Law+Changes.htm You can't just hop on a plane and then marry in the UK.

If you are living abroad and do not have the right of abode in England or Wales you should contact the British Embassy in the country where you are living. You will not be permitted to marry if you enter England or Wales without the correct documentation.

People who are subject to immigration control who wish to marry in the United Kingdom (UK) must either:

•Hold entry clearance as a fiancé/e or marriage visitor, or

•Hold a Home Office certificate of approval, or

•Be a person with settled status in the UK (e.g. indefinite leave to remain)

People who are subject to immigration control will also be required:

•To give notice to marry to a registrar at one of 76 designated register offices in England and Wales (Cambridge Register Office is one of the Designated Offices). They must attend the register office together.

•In Scotland and Northern Ireland, all register offices are designated. Notice to marry is normally given by post.

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: what documents my wife needs to bring to UK

thank you very much for your reply PMM, i think i need to specify more clearly about my situation, i am living in London as a university student, i have a student visa till dcember 2012 and my status in the UK is legal, i applied for a TRV back in march in order to go to canada to get married but my application was refused on the grounds that i may not come back after my wedding, therefor we decided to get married here in london, now, my fiance who is a canadian national is coming to the UK where we are gonna get married in this july, my question was,

1> is there any condition from Canadian Embassy that i have to inform British home office or Marriage registrar?, bearing in mind that either of us is not a UK National,

2> does she has to inform wedding registration office in canada before coming to UK

3> what sort of Documents she needs to bring to the UK when i m applying for my spousal visa

oh btw, we will be living in the UK after our wedding until my Application for a spouse visa is accepted

i think now you have a better idea about my situation, plz advice accordingly, thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Re: what documents my wife needs to bring to UK

Hi

hsbalouch said:
thank you very much for your reply PMM, i think i need to specify more clearly about my situation, i am living in London as a university student, i have a student visa till dcember 2012 and my status in the UK is legal, i applied for a TRV back in march in order to go to canada to get married but my application was refused on the grounds that i may not come back after my wedding, therefor we decided to get married here in london, now, my fiance who is a canadian national is coming to the UK where we are gonna get married in this july, my question was,

1> is there any condition from Canadian Embassy that i have to inform British home office or Marriage registrar?, bearing in mind that either of us is not a UK National,

2> does she has to inform wedding registration office in canada before coming to UK

3> what sort of Documents she needs to bring to the UK when i m applying for my spousal visa

oh btw, we will be living in the UK after our wedding until my Application for a spouse visa is accepted

i think now you have a better idea about my situation, plz advice accordingly, thanks
My previous posting was for your Canadian partner, you said that you were a permanent resident of the UK, you better haver her look into it with the British Consulate near where she lives, if you don't want any hitches.

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks a bunch, i will definitely look into it and ask my fiance to contact british embassy in her country as well, :)