+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What does you status say under "In Process"?

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When I access my status under "in process"...it says "we have received you application on October 16,2008".

Last month I only had "Eligibility Review Complete"... but now I have "In Process" and "Application Received". But when I access the two statuses it just says the same thing. That they have received my application on October 16, 2008 and we have sent you a letter on April 16, 2009.

So what does your "in process" status say?

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2011(pspt submitted 09-04-2011)
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2011 (passport received 17-05-2011)
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
Mine says " Your application was reviewed and we started processing your application on JUly 31, 2009"

CPA2CANADA

Jun 9, 2009
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 1, 2009
Doc's Request.
Jun 4, 2009
AOR Received.
Aug 12, 2009
Med's Request
Sep 16, 2009
Med's Done....
Oct 1, 2009
Passport Req..
Oct 20, 2009
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 15, 2009
LANDED..........
in July 8, 2010 (Toronto)
Trina....that is unusual! two stat...i am also watching your case..and found that you already submitted full docs last July same with the other applicants here....did your status changed to "RECEIVED BY VISA OFFICE" before "IN PROCESS"? you may also watch the LONDON Applicant's thread to know our batchmates.....hope to received medicals soon...

Here's my ECAS just to compare....

We received your application for permanent residence on May 1, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on June 4, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office. They are pending review.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

We transferred your application to the London England office on June 17, 2009. The London England office may contact you.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on August 25, 2009.

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, yeah I thought mine was odd that's why I decided to post a question about it.

So when I log onto ecas I see two statuses right? Here's exactly what it says:

In Process
We received your application for permanent residence on October 16, 2008.

Application Received
We received your application for permanent residence on October 16, 2008.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on April 16, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Thats it! Since I did not check e-cas for a few weeks before last week, I have no way of knowing whether I had any status changes before now. Weird huh?

jtob

Feb 2, 2009
trinatocanada said:
When I access my status under "in process"...it says "we have received you application on October 16,2008".

Last month I only had "Eligibility Review Complete"... but now I have "In Process" and "Application Received". But when I access the two statuses it just says the same thing. That they have received my application on October 16, 2008 and we have sent you a letter on April 16, 2009.

So what does your "in process" status say?
nothing to worry about your ecas.

the " eligibility review complete" means that they have checked your documents and you passed the 67 points they require.

the " in process" after you have passed the eligibility review means they're doing the background and security checks. this is where they'll may call your employer to check.

IMO, this is where the real processing begins and the no refund policy and the 6 to 12 months time starts.

your ecas will not change for sometime. in my case the "in process" did not change until i received my passport with visa.

viba

Sep 10, 2009
to sir jtob:

is that really? so, i shouldnt really rely or wait for my ecas to change to "in process" before i expect medical instructions?
i've submitted full docs on july 30 and received 2nd AOR last Aug 20, i am more or less expecting my medical letter this sept but
my ecas still shows "received by visa office"
correct me if i'm wrong but does it mean they hadnt really started processing my app?
your inputs will be highly appreciated and pardon the sir, i read that you're a teacher and i've been following your posts coz they
are very enlightening and informative..

jtob

Feb 2, 2009
viba,
if your ecas is still " received by the visa office" they are assessing the documents you sent if it supports the points you are claiming.
technically processing period hasn't started yet. i read in their operational bulletin that the 6 to 12 months processing starts when you pass the eligibility review.
it'll change to " in process" when you pass the eligibility review and your medical request will be next, but your ecas wont change again until you receive your visa, then it'll be "decision made".
it's not over until you have landed in canadian soil, then your ecas will change to " completed".

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks jtob for the clarification :)
so its safe to say that they have indeed started processing my application for PR. sheesh its turning a year old next month!

CPA2CANADA

Jun 9, 2009
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 1, 2009
Doc's Request.
Jun 4, 2009
AOR Received.
Aug 12, 2009
Med's Request
Sep 16, 2009
Med's Done....
Oct 1, 2009
Passport Req..
Oct 20, 2009
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 15, 2009
LANDED..........
in July 8, 2010 (Toronto)
trina....yeah we may conclude that when you see in your ECAS the exact date they started processing your application...have the same case with you...it is "IN PROCESS" but the explanation just mentioned that they are pending review...i think after a week or two...it added a line which says "we started processing your application on_______"..

Expect a change tomorrow as London usually updates ECAS on Mondays.....

Godbless......