+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What does this mean ?

mr dayo

Sep 9, 2017
Hi guys. I am in a state of confusion with my application and I would love someone to please explain what my situation might be. I submitted my trv for a study permit in May. I recieved a procedural fairness letter stating I misrepresented for not including my Usa visa denial, of which I stated that I was refused and only included my uk refusal. I replied the embassy after 8 days. In the second of September my online status changed to a final decision has been made and the final decision tab has been empty till date. I requested for my gcms notes in September and in october O received it. I found out that I had been refused based on misrepresentation which most likely would have come with a ban. Since I had not received a final answer from the embassy and I had seen what was happening in my notes, I requested for my application to be withdrawn In october in order to get my passport back. The embassy replied stating my application had been referred for additional review and because of that I could not withdraw my application. A few days back, I sent an email to the embassy on the status of my application and I was told my application has been finalized in a few hours of sending an email. Please could this mean the ban could have been overturned through the referral for addition review and till now I still haven't gotten a final answer or recieved my passport. Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Did you fail to declare the US refusal in your visa application?

mr dayo

Sep 9, 2017
Did you fail to declare the US refusal in your visa application?
Yes. I didn't declare it. When I was asked if I had been refused, I chose yes and also included my most recent denial to the Uk and omitted that of the US. Donyou have any idea what the additional review could be ? . Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes. I didn't declare it. When I was asked if I had been refused, I chose yes and also included my most recent denial to the Uk and omitted that of the US. Donyou have any idea what the additional review could be ? . Thank you
It sounds like IRCC has probably applied the 5 year misrepresentation ban since you failed to declare your US refusal. The additional review was most likely the review by a more senior IRCC official before the ban was applied.

Reactions: Bryanna