+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what does it mean?

bkd1969

May 1, 2011
My family of four landed on Oct 13, 2012 at Peace Bridge. PR Card applications were filed at the time of landing. Later on only 2 of us got PR Cards, the rest not because of photo issues. At this point of time, my ECAS status is something like a decision was made and an officer will contact you.

Then last week we sent new photos to the CIC. Today I checked my ECAS, a new line shows up: "You entered Canada at the Fort Erie Peace Bridge office on October 13, 2012 and became a Permanent Resident." This information never shows in my ECAS before. Does this new line mean the photos were accepted and PR Cards will be sent to us, and all pending case completed and closed? Shoud not we have to wait another 2 months to get the PR Cards after re-submitting the photos?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bkd1969 said:
My family of four landed on Oct 13, 2012 at Peace Bridge. PR Card applications were filed at the time of landing. Later on only 2 of us got PR Cards, the rest not because of photo issues. At this point of time, my ECAS status is something like a decision was made and an officer will contact you.

Then last week we sent new photos to the CIC. Today I checked my ECAS, a new line shows up: "You entered Canada at the Fort Erie Peace Bridge office on October 13, 2012 and became a Permanent Resident." This information never shows in my ECAS before. Does this new line mean the photos were accepted and PR Cards will be sent to us, and all pending case completed and closed? Shoud not we have to wait another 2 months to get the PR Cards after re-submitting the photos?
ECAS finally getting updated about your landing as a PR right at this moment doesn't really have anything to do with your photos or your PR card. You landed regardless of your photos or PR card, that is what the update is about. They were just 3 months behind. Your PR cards will probably take around 2 months after photos.

bkd1969

May 1, 2011
Leon said:
ECAS finally getting updated about your landing as a PR right at this moment doesn't really have anything to do with your photos or your PR card. You landed regardless of your photos or PR card, that is what the update is about. They were just 3 months behind. Your PR cards will probably take around 2 months after photos.
thanks.