+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What does it mean when you are asked to provide a detailed course outline ?

pkb90

Dec 1, 2015
Hi all
I am applying for BN degree holder route (Bachelor of Nursing).And it requires me to provide a detailed course outline for the courses required for the BN degree holder route (English, Arts, Statistics and Anatomy and Physiology).
I am a permanent resident and obviously have my bachelors degree from overseas.
I do not understand what they are asking for?
Has anyone done this before ? Please help !!

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You are being asked to provide proof that you took courses that would be equivalent to required courses in Canada. This cannot be evaluated without receiving detailed course outlines, including topics studied, assignments, readings, etc.

Unfortunately as someone holding foreign credentials, this will be a large and painful aspect of your work to have your foreign training recognized here. I wish it wasn't the case, but Canadian regulators such as the Colleges of Nursing are very particular and generally do not trust overseas educators unless they can verify everything.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You are being asked to provide proof that you took courses that would be equivalent to required courses in Canada. This cannot be evaluated without receiving detailed course outlines, including topics studied, assignments, readings, etc.

Unfortunately as someone holding foreign credentials, this will be a large and painful aspect of your work to have your foreign training recognized here. I wish it wasn't the case, but Canadian regulators such as the Colleges of Nursing are very particular and generally do not trust overseas educators unless they can verify everything.
Believe this is to qualify for the condensed nursing program for previous degree holders not to get licensed as a nurse so it will likely be less of an issue. The university will need a detailed syllabus of your previous courses in order to determine if you have the prerequisites to qualify for the program. You will need to work with your previous university.

Reactions: k.h.p.