+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what does it mean decision made ?

canadian /nepal

Jun 17, 2015
hello checked the cic site and got update on the 4th of july saying a decision has been made.The office will contact you about the decision ? and have herd nothing since no email no mail nothing any ideas ty

1.We received your application for permanent residence on February 27, 2015.
2.We started processing your application on July 1, 2015.
3.Medical results have been received.
4.Interview scheduled for June 30, 2015.
5.A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

canadian /nepal

Jun 17, 2015
we applied on feb 27 2015 and have express prossing bc my husband is from Nepal and the earthquakes there made things go faster than normal . just need to know if this is a good thing in the decision or bad

KelseyTVS

Jun 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh, I see now! Thanks for updating your first post.

So this just means they've decided whether your husband gets PR or not! It's usually good news if they don't request any further documentation from you, but no one can really say for sure. Hopefully the office contacts you soon, if they are sending the CoPR, it may take some time to arrive in the mail.

canadian /nepal

Jun 17, 2015
oh ok thank you they did not ask for any thing else and we got nothing as of yet I just know I was planning on going back to india end of august bc I miss him so much hate being apart from him and he is waiting in india for any answer at all he did not return to Nepal but my mother in law is calling every day to say no mail lol love them all a lot

KelseyTVS

Jun 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I hope you hear from them soon and I hope it's good news!

canadian /nepal

Jun 17, 2015
me to thanks I just don't know why they take so long to let you know the decision it is so stressful all the waiting my husband thinks it means it is rejected I hope to god he is wrong :( and iam so worried :'(

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
canadian /nepal said:
me to thanks I just don't know why they take so long to let you know the decision it is so stressful all the waiting my husband thinks it means it is rejected I hope to god he is wrong :( and iam so worried :'(
That message is normal, it's what they say when they are done with your application. Are you supposed to get a passport request first? How did the interview go? Don't panic, it takes some time between decision made and when you get the paperwork.

KelseyTVS

Jun 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nepal goes through New Delhi, and I think for that VO they get a passport request rather than a CoPR, that's my mistake above, sorry!

canadian /nepal

Jun 17, 2015
I did not attend the interview my boss would not give me the time off bc I have only been at this job 5 months and he gave me a letter to send my husband for the cic ,my problem is I work 6 months then have to quit my job and go see my husband in Nepal 3 months come back and start all over again and it is the same every time I don't want to be with out my husband so I work 6 months and go to Nepal for 3 and come back and look for more jobs no boss will give you 3 months off when you have only been there 5 months , but I just cant be with out my husband and they didn't seem to like that I could not be there but what could I do ! so now just waiting to see if I have to quit another job to go be with my hubby miss him to much ,I know they made him get a translator when he didn't want to then ask how we talk if he needs a translator and I don't speak Nepalese .he speaks better English than a lot here he corrects me in English and when iam in Nepal he is my translator we have no problems talking we have done it every day for 2 years with no problems I don't get it really ???

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
canadian /nepal said:
I did not attend the interview my boss would not give me the time off bc I have only been at this job 5 months and he gave me a letter to send my husband for the cic ,my problem is I work 6 months then have to quit my job and go see my husband in Nepal 3 months come back and start all over again and it is the same every time I don't want to be with out my husband so I work 6 months and go to Nepal for 3 and come back and look for more jobs no boss will give you 3 months off when you have only been there 5 months , but I just cant be with out my husband and they didn't seem to like that I could not be there but what could I do ! so now just waiting to see if I have to quit another job to go be with my hubby miss him to much ,I know they made him get a translator when he didn't want to then ask how we talk if he needs a translator and I don't speak Nepalese .he speaks better English than a lot here he corrects me in English and when iam in Nepal he is my translator we have no problems talking we have done it every day for 2 years with no problems I don't get it really ???
I always thought if you had an interview it was only for the applicant, not the sponsor. That seems odd that they would care? Well hopefully he explained all that to the interviewer. There's no point in worrying about it as there's nothing you can do at the moment until the information comes in the mail. I really hope it goes well for you, but if it doesn't it's not the end, there's always more options.

canadian /nepal

Jun 17, 2015
yes I know I would give up my citizenship and go live in my husbands country even if something bad happens there at least we would be together and not suffering like we are now

M

mikeymyke

Aquakitty said:
I always thought if you had an interview it was only for the applicant, not the sponsor. That seems odd that they would care? Well hopefully he explained all that to the interviewer. There's no point in worrying about it as there's nothing you can do at the moment until the information comes in the mail. I really hope it goes well for you, but if it doesn't it's not the end, there's always more options.
I did read of one case on this forum where the sponsor was requested to come along with the applicant, and the application was refused because the interviewer felt the relationship was non genuine since the sponsor didn't attend. I have to say though I felt that it was definitely the sponsor's fault on that one, since the interview was held in the US, and the sponsor refused to even ask for 1 day off from work and take a few hours flight to a relatively close location for something as important as his wife's PR interview.

He said he didn't want to go to the interview because he didn't want to "drop everything and go to the US," which seems pretty outrageous as it just seemed he was too lazy and felt it was unnecessary. It's one thing to have to take time off to travel to an international destination, but this was just simply a quick flight across the border.

Having said that, Decision Made can either mean refusal or not. Aquakitty is right, there is no point in worrying about it now, as there's nothing you can do at this point to reverse their decision. Only thing is to wait for the decision to arrive. DM after an interview isn't always a bad thing, there are people here who got a positive decision after a DM without passport request.

canadian /nepal

Jun 17, 2015
well for me I did ask my boss for time off to go and he said no iam not entitled to time off until I have been with them 1 year and he wrote a letter to that effect and sent it to my husband to give them and he did , iam hoping for the best we will see but if refused I cant afford 6000 for a lawyer for appeal so I wil do it my self file it then go to my husband miss him to much to be away any longer than already have been

M

mikeymyke

Were you specifically asked to attend the interview by CIC? Or did they say that it was optional? If you sent them such a letter, I don't think they'd hold that against you, as it's a valid explanation.