+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What does IRCC mean when they say "have accumulated, within the past 3 years, at least 6 months of full-time"?

hk9009

Mar 31, 2024
For category based draw,

What do they consider the time frame for it?
If I have applied this month,
Is it three years in general ie 2021,2022,2023
Or 3 years from date you applied i.e. march 15,2021 to march 15,2024
Or 3 years from the day you get your ITA

I am very confused.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
For category based draw,

What do they consider the time frame for it?
If I have applied this month,
Is it three years in general ie 2021,2022,2023
Or 3 years from date you applied i.e. march 15,2021 to march 15,2024
Or 3 years from the day you get your ITA

I am very confused.
Date of PR application. Not date you submitted profile or ITA

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/ministerial-instructions/express-entry-rounds/invitations.html?q=284

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
And what do they mean by this ? "an eligible foreign national is not a member of the category established in section 2 if the work experience described in paragraphs (1)(a) to (c) was not accumulated within the three-year period preceding the date the officer receives their application for permanent residence"
So you are not eligible if you didn’t accumulate the work experience within 3 years when the officer receives your PR application. So what is your date of AOR - Acknowledgement of Receipt?

hk9009

Mar 31, 2024
So you are not eligible if you didn’t accumulate the work experience within 3 years when the officer receives your PR application. So what is your date of AOR - Acknowledgement of Receipt?
I am in the process of sending my application and I figured that if we consider the regulations, I have crossed the date for 6 month "continuous" work experience in last 3 years in that NOC code. However, I have experience for a few months later on but I don't think it would be considered. Right now I am thinking if it would be worth it to apply at all.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am in the process of sending my application and I figured that if we consider the regulations, I have crossed the date for 6 month "continuous" work experience in last 3 years in that NOC code. However, I have experience for a few months later on but I don't think it would be considered. Right now I am thinking if it would be worth it to apply at all.
So you got ITA but don’t have 6 months of continuous employment in the last 3 years.