+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What does "completed" mean?

massprvan

Star Member
Aug 20, 2021
In my application status tracker for Express Entry PR it says "Completed" for Medical and Biometrics

Does that mean they are both passed?

Thanks

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
In my application status tracker for Express Entry PR it says "Completed" for Medical and Biometrics

Does that mean they are both passed?

Thanks
Yes, if your application status tracker for Express Entry PR says "Completed" for Medical and Biometrics, it means that they are both passed.

The "Completed" status indicates that IRCC has received your medical exam results and biometrics information, and that they have reviewed them and found them to be satisfactory.

Once your medical exam results and biometrics information have been reviewed and passed, your application will move on to the next stage of processing. This stage may involve security clearance, background checks, and other assessments.

The time it takes for your application to move through the next stage of processing will vary depending on a number of factors, including the current workload of IRCC. However, you can track the progress of your application on your application status tracker.

I hope this helps!

massprvan

Star Member
Aug 20, 2021
Yes, if your application status tracker for Express Entry PR says "Completed" for Medical and Biometrics, it means that they are both passed.

The "Completed" status indicates that IRCC has received your medical exam results and biometrics information, and that they have reviewed them and found them to be satisfactory.

Once your medical exam results and biometrics information have been reviewed and passed, your application will move on to the next stage of processing. This stage may involve security clearance, background checks, and other assessments.

The time it takes for your application to move through the next stage of processing will vary depending on a number of factors, including the current workload of IRCC. However, you can track the progress of your application on your application status tracker.

I hope this helps!
Thanks so much Raptor.......

Not really concerned about the speed of the approval, my wife and I both in Canada on 2 year work permits and my stepson needs to finish University in Thailand next May

So we are in no rush, fortunately............

Appreciate the info!

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Thanks so much Raptor.......

Not really concerned about the speed of the approval, my wife and I both in Canada on 2 year work permits and my stepson needs to finish University in Thailand next May

So we are in no rush, fortunately............

Appreciate the info!
I understand that you are not in a rush to get your PR approved, and that is perfectly understandable. It is great that you and your wife are both in Canada on work permits, and that your stepson will be finishing university in Thailand next May. This will give you plenty of time to prepare for your move to Canada and to make sure that everything is in order.

I wish you all the best in your immigration journey. I hope that you will be able to get your PR approved soon and that you will be able to enjoy all that Canada has to offer.

ishaW

Apr 21, 2023
Hi,

IRCC Tracker says Eligibility, Bio, Medical and even Background check completed. Does this mean they are all passed, or only that they have finished reviewing these? Also, no change on GC key, just on the Tracker. Can anyone enlighten?

Much appreciated.

Thanks,

ishaW

Apr 21, 2023
If all is completed on the Tracker, how soon do you think I should expect any updated on the GC Key?

Thanks

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi,

IRCC Tracker says Eligibility, Bio, Medical and even Background check completed. Does this mean they are all passed, or only that they have finished reviewing these? Also, no change on GC key, just on the Tracker. Can anyone enlighten?

Much appreciated.

Thanks,
GCKey will not update till you are virtually landed or get your passports stamped with CoPR.

About all completed in PR tracker and no final approval - you have two possibilities:
1. IRCC sent a mail that never reached. Call IRCC to see if that's not your case. Very unlikey to be your case.
2. A final approval is needed to issue the approval email (PPR/RFV) to you. That hasn't happened yet. You can't do anything here but wait if that's the case.

ishaW

Apr 21, 2023
GCKey will not update till you are virtually landed or get your passports stamped with CoPR.

About all completed in PR tracker and no final approval - you have two possibilities:
1. IRCC sent a mail that never reached. Call IRCC to see if that's not your case. Very unlikey to be your case.
2. A final approval is needed to issue the approval email (PPR/RFV) to you. That hasn't happened yet. You can't do anything here but wait if that's the case.
Thanks for the response. The status only changed to completed a few hours ago. Also, I applied with my wife. Her Medical is still in progress (due to pregnancy) and eligibility hasn't started. Im assuming this could be the reason too. Maybe we get more updates once her sections are completed as well. For now, I was just wondering weather completed actually means passed, or just that the review is completed.

Thanks,

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Thanks for the response. The status only changed to completed a few hours ago. Also, I applied with my wife. Her Medical is still in progress (due to pregnancy) and eligibility hasn't started. Im assuming this could be the reason too. Maybe we get more updates once her sections are completed as well. For now, I was just wondering weather completed actually means passed, or just that the review is completed.

Thanks,
Her eligibility will always stay "not started", happens with all dependents. For some reason IRCC added a field that they are never going to update.

I'm not sure about her medical status though. You should definitely call IRCC to know where you are with her application.

ddaattaa

May 7, 2024
Hi Experts, looking for your suggestion. I have submitted my PR application (CEC Stem) inland with my 3 dependent (wife and kid). AOR date is 11th Jan 2024. On my tracker account Bio, Med, Eligib and BCG says complete. For my wife also everything is complete except Eligib which is Not started. For my kids - Bio is exempt, med complete, elig - not started and BCG is in progress. I can see the COPR # on tracker for all 4. On GC account it says Final Decision - May 2nd and progress. Yet to receive the P1 email. What could be possibel reason of P1 delay. Any thoughts??

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi Experts, looking for your suggestion. I have submitted my PR application (CEC Stem) inland with my 3 dependent (wife and kid). AOR date is 11th Jan 2024. On my tracker account Bio, Med, Eligib and BCG says complete. For my wife also everything is complete except Eligib which is Not started. For my kids - Bio is exempt, med complete, elig - not started and BCG is in progress. I can see the COPR # on tracker for all 4. On GC account it says Final Decision - May 2nd and progress. Yet to receive the P1 email. What could be possibel reason of P1 delay. Any thoughts??
Browse around the forum a bit and you'll see that people sometimes wait upto 1-2 weeks before receiving P1 once they get Final decision date in GCKey.

If you exceed 2 weeks, worth checking with IRCC on whether they sent you an P1 email that was never received (happens sometimes). If they confirm it, they'll resend you P1 and you'll be set.