+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what documents needed for Inland Sponsorship (from spouse's country of birth)?

fiojohn

Dec 17, 2016
Good day to all,
I have a few question regarding this subject, in land application for Spousal Sponsorship.
I'm not in Canada, not sure if will be able to go, my husband and I intend to do Outland sponsorship, however we know this will take a long time apart. Given the chance to go to Canada I'm wondering if we could do inland Sponsorship. I'm from Peru, we are married almost a year and have no children. We got married in Las Vegas, USA. but it is also registered in Peru.
What documents do I need from my country to follow up a inland sponsorship, in Canada? birth certificate, ordinary criminal records?
If going to Canada with a Visitor visa, will this inland sponsorship be possible? Would i have to remain in Canada? for how long?, Would i need another type of visa, or an extension maybe?.
Thank you very much for your answers and support!
God bless!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
the sponsor and the applicant must BOTH be physically present in Canada in order to apply inland. if both of you are not in canada for the duration of application processing, then you can not apply inland.

It is not clear who the sponsor is? Are you the sponsor or is your husband the sponsor? is the sponsor a canadian citizen or PR?

fiojohn

Dec 17, 2016
CDNPR2014 said:
the sponsor and the applicant must BOTH be physically present in Canada in order to apply inland. if both of you are not in canada for the duration of application processing, then you can not apply inland.

It is not clear who the sponsor is? Are you the sponsor or is your husband the sponsor? is the sponsor a canadian citizen or PR?
Hello,
Thanks for the answer. if doing inland sposnorship, YES we will be in Canada. My husband is the sponsor and he is Canadian.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
yes, you can apply inland if you are in canada as visitor. the required forms and documents can be found here.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5525ETOC.asp

fiojohn

Dec 17, 2016
CDNPR2014 said:
yes, you can apply inland if you are in canada as visitor. the required forms and documents can be found here.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5525ETOC.asp
Hello,
may I also ask, how long does it, average, for inland sponsorship? Would a month of stay be enough?
From what I see on the website forms for inland sponsorship, I only need to bring over with me to Canada from my country, birth certificates, and police records, is that all? Besides marriage certificate.
Thank you for the answer!

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
fiojohn said:
Hello,
may I also ask, how long does it, average, for inland sponsorship? Would a month of stay be enough?
From what I see on the website forms for inland sponsorship, I only need to bring over with me to Canada from my country, birth certificates, and police records, is that all? Besides marriage certificate.
Thank you for the answer!
A month would definitely not be enough. You must remain in Canada for the entire process for inland, which has taken up to 2 years. The government is aiming for 12 months, although there is no guarantee that they will meet that goal.

fiojohn

Dec 17, 2016
MilesAway said:
A month would definitely not be enough. You must remain in Canada for the entire process for inland, which has taken up to 2 years. The government is aiming for 12 months, although there is no guarantee that they will meet that goal.
thank you for the answer MilesAway...
i really just hope to be together with my husband.