+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what documents do you need for landing with COPR

lotusEsp

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
I am planning a flagpoling trip now I have my COPR at the US/Canada border

but what documents do I need? Do I need a copy of my LMIA and current work permit?

So far I am taking the following:
Passport
2 COPR pages
Copy of bank statement
Letter from employer saying I am currently working in the job I declared during my application.

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missisauga / CPC - Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
You need to take all your study and work permits....I am not sure about LMIA

lotusEsp

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
crap.

I havent got my new work permit - was applied for back in June, but there is a 90 day wait, so I am working under implied status

my immigration lawyer is on vacation for the next 2 weeks, so I cant get conformation of my implied status

grrr.

Looks like I cant flagpole this weekend :(

JK_CAD

Jul 10, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-Jul-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Sep-2015 (Chest X-Ray)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
31-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
09-Oct-2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
16-Jan-2016
Congrats on your PR.

You need current (non-expired) work/study permit to enter back to Canada... Check for the extension timelines and you will get a rough idea on when you can do flag poling. All the best.

lotusEsp

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
thanks

I'll have to wait until my HR contact comes back from vacation - as they have the recieve for my WP application.

I can take either:
my new WP (which hasnt been issued yet)
or a proof of application/receipt/ postage

none of which I have access to until they come back to work.

Fortunately there is no rush to get landed status - I have until April next year to activate my COPR

TigerPower

Jan 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawwa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2015
AOR Received.
07-04-2015
Med's Done....
11-05-2015
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
LANDED..........
18-08-2015
JK_CAD said:
Congrats on your PR.

You need current (non-expired) work/study permit to enter back to Canada... Check for the extension timelines and you will get a rough idea on when you can do flag poling. All the best.
Why do we need a non-expired work permit?My friend lost her implied status back in May and still she landed yesterday at Pearson with no issues just having her COPR.

I'm only asking because my implied status expired back in May too and I haven't applied for restoration since I wad expecting COPR.

lotusEsp

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
I think the point is, you have to PROVE you are on implied status.

It seems logical to me that the border official can tap a computer in 5 seconds to find out - but can you really just turn up and say "I'm on an implied status" without any docs?

Sure you can risk it, but what happens if they dont accept you just saying you are on implied status? denied entry? flight home again? stuck inbetween the US and Canada?

I'm just going to wait for my immigration/HR person to come back from vacation and give me a definite answer and correct documentation.

terulinkarezinka

Apr 13, 2015
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lotusEsp said:
I think the point is, you have to PROVE you are on implied status.

It seems logical to me that the border official can tap a computer in 5 seconds to find out - but can you really just turn up and say "I'm on an implied status" without any docs?

Sure you can risk it, but what happens if they dont accept you just saying you are on implied status? denied entry? flight home again? stuck inbetween the US and Canada?

I'm just going to wait for my immigration/HR person to come back from vacation and give me a definite answer and correct documentation.
I found it - you are right. I didn't think we need to prove implied status, but CIC page says it clearly.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=748&t=22

We will be taking a printout of our online BOWP application then I guess.