+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What documents do I need to apply for a Social Insurance Number?

kayacetinsu

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everybody

Please help me understand what documents I need to apply for a Social Insurance Number?

Thank you very much.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
what is your current status? if you are a PR, then all you need is your passport and COPR (landing document).

if you're here on work visa, then i'd assume you need your passport and the visa.

kayacetinsu

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CDNPR2014 said:
what is your current status? if you are a PR, then all you need is your passport and COPR (landing document).

if you're here on work visa, then i'd assume you need your passport and the visa.
i have a study permit. thats enough both study permit and visa, right?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
kayacetinsu said:
i have a study permit. thats enough both study permit and visa, right?
go here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/sin/before-applying.html

Temporary residents must provide an original of one of the following:

Work permit issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Study permit issued by IRCC, indicating that you are authorized to work in Canada:
a study permit that indicates the permit holder “may accept employment” or “may work” in Canada
; or
a study permit and a “confirmation to work off campus” letter issued by IRCC prior to February 11, 2015.
If neither of these requirements is met, you must contact IRCC to verify if you are eligible to apply for an amended study permit.

kayacetinsu

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CDNPR2014 said:
go here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/sin/before-applying.html

Temporary residents must provide an original of one of the following:

Work permit issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Study permit issued by IRCC, indicating that you are authorized to work in Canada:
a study permit that indicates the permit holder “may accept employment” or “may work” in Canada
; or
a study permit and a “confirmation to work off campus” letter issued by IRCC prior to February 11, 2015.
If neither of these requirements is met, you must contact IRCC to verify if you are eligible to apply for an amended study permit.
Thank you