+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What documents and/or cash should I show minimum as Proof of Funds when I land?

Rifat Mahmud

Oct 31, 2015
Hi,

I got my VISA yesterday and I have till 26 May 2016 to land in Canada.

I am going to enter Canada through Toronto (even though Vancouver was my choice, but it doesn't matter I guess as I applied through FSW-Express Entry).

Now, I my question is about the minimum fund that I have to show to Canadian Border Agency during my first processing. I have friends and family in Canada and they will help me with my expenses and hence I don't really need to carry too much cash with me.

So, how much money should I carry in cash as a minimum to satisfy the Border Agency's requirements?

Also, should I carry a Bangladeshi Bank Statement specifying that I have at least 13000 CAD in my name, which I can transfer later? IS THIS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY? Or do the Border Agencies require you to bring in traveller's cheques and other forms of pay orders?

The reason I ask is that I already have most of my money in high yielding investments and don't want to break them to show the requisite balance in my low interest bearing savings account.

I would just like to carry 3000 CAD with me and just get help from my family and friends.

Honest Feedback is Welcome!

Thanks!

Rifat

My timeline:

Submitted to Get into Pool: March 30, 2015
Accepted to Pool: April 08, 2015
ITA - Invitation to Apply: April 10, 2015
Application submitted online on MyCIC: June 5, 2015
Email from CPC/ PPR- Passport Request Email: October 24, 2015
PR VISA obtained: 6-Dec-2015
Deadline to land in Canada: 26-may-2016

Rifat Mahmud

Oct 31, 2015
Rifat Mahmud said:
Hi,

I got my VISA yesterday and I have till 26 May 2016 to land in Canada.

I am going to enter Canada through Toronto (even though Vancouver was my choice, but it doesn't matter I guess as I applied through FSW-Express Entry).

Now, I my question is about the minimum fund that I have to show to Canadian Border Agency during my first processing. I have friends and family in Canada and they will help me with my expenses and hence I don't really need to carry too much cash with me.

So, how much money should I carry in cash as a minimum to satisfy the Border Agency's requirements?

Also, should I carry a Bangladeshi Bank Statement specifying that I have at least 13000 CAD in my name, which I can transfer later? IS THIS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY? Or do the Border Agencies require you to bring in traveller's cheques and other forms of pay orders?

The reason I ask is that I already have most of my money in high yielding investments and don't want to break them to show the requisite balance in my low interest bearing savings account.

I would just like to carry 3000 CAD with me and just get help from my family and friends.

Honest Feedback is Welcome!

Thanks!

Rifat

My timeline:

Submitted to Get into Pool: March 30, 2015
Accepted to Pool: April 08, 2015
ITA - Invitation to Apply: April 10, 2015
Application submitted online on MyCIC: June 5, 2015
Email from CPC/ PPR- Passport Request Email: October 24, 2015
PR VISA obtained: 6-Dec-2015
Deadline to land in Canada: 26-may-2016